chapter 5

A/N

    Here's another update. I'm not really proud of this one but satisfied enough to post it. So this one's mostly about why Liam's mother wants him to be with someone. Not like a massive surprise crazy future reason. But a little crazy. Kind of connected to her past. Like slight mention. It's mostly Nicola's pov you can say. Enjoy.

    ~big love❤❤

    --------------------------------------------

  It has been so long since I even had a proper stretch. I need to turn into a wolf and run around in the forest. The urge is too strong.

"Liam" "Mum" (Both in a monotonous tone).

"I know you are going to disagree. But there's this girl. She's waiting in living room for you. She's very sweet and happy-go-lucky type. You should meet her. " I look dumbfounded at her. W.T.F.

I narrow my eyes and refused. She's just adamant and I have no option, but to blurt out "I already feel strongly for someone else" Fuckity fuck.

"Liam! Why didn't you tell me before. You have to tell me everything. Who is this person?" she asks with so much of enthusiasm.

"Mom......We.... We are not together together... Yet. "

"Still. You are going to tell me everything!!" and she leaves with excitement saying she has to tell that girl to leave so we can talk.

"Bro....you know how mum excited for you to find someone and is too much about it?" ask nic curiously.

"Nic!!" I turn towards her with a gasp. "When did you come here?!" "I was here lurking all the time bro. "

"Whatever." "So why didn't tell her? At least she'll get off your back. " "Why does she want to be a matchmaker? I mean she isn't after you and Ruth." I say while flaring my hands dramatically in the air.

"Bro......(she dragged the word slowly) Do you know our pack history?" "Ummm what does that has to do with anything...except the traditions if you are talking of. Coz I've heard it.". I meet her eyes and see.....pity?

"I'll tell you why mum and dad are after this 'find your partner pressure' so much." "Thought it was because omegas keep alphas grounded and give to mostly promise the pack a luna. They keep their humanity in surface or something?" She looks at me with wide eyes like I just said the dumbest thing ever.

She bursts out laughing and when it dies down she tells me how that was the dumbest thing I've ever said. " Oh bro.... From our packs and well other pack's history, that is not the reason." She stands up and sits beside me. She puts her arm around my shoulder and rests her chin on top of my head.

"The monarchy has been going on a long time. Yes we've stepped out of the whole over-conservative shit but before time was different. Around three centuries ago, when arranged marriage or well arranged bonds were used to form between alpha and omega, the pack leader that time had a say in choosing the luna. He didn't. He didn't have an omega. Had no children and well, ruled by himself. So if he died, there was no child to take over. Many betas/ advisors pointed it out to which Charles something named guy, the leader, dismissed saying he'll in time procreate a child. Since he was the leader, there was no arguments."

"The thing about olden time is that there was an unspoken rule that a pack who's leader already has a child will not be attacked even if the leader themselves die. Though some of them clearly violated it, many didn't. The leader that time was no surprise, killed leaving the entire pack defenseless. Usually, the leaders are the one that guide the entire pack and with him gone, Wolverhampton was an easy target. So we were under attack all of a sudden and no battle strategy or anything to lead. We didn't have time to find a suitable candidate to lead the pack."