chapter 18

A/N

Here's the next update, I promise that in a few chapters, ziam will be there! ❤💛

Anyhoot, I am sorry I took so long to update..

Enjoy

~big love❤❤

-------------------------------------------------------

Guess it's time to talk it out.

"Hi zayn.." Lou starts. Zayn, who was still processing the fact we broke in, recomposes himself. He lowers his head and takes a few steps back, trembling. "I.. We were wondering why you didn't come to school today?" Haz states carefully like talking to a child. He starts hyperventilating and we start panicking too because it looks like he's going to have a panic attack.

Lou proceeds to go to calm Zayn down, but he flinches away and falls down on the floor. He hugs himself tight and starts crying. He keeps on mumbling "you all know" like a mantra. I hear a sniff behind me, to see harry is crying and Lou is putting up a brave face, although it looks like it is crumbling too. My heart breaks into a trillion pieces by looking at Zayn. I feel my eyes getting wet at the sight too.

"Both of you, leave us alone" I command them. "B-but"(lo) "No. Just leave. I'm a wolf, so probably he'll understand me more. Now go" I say the last part by turning towards them. Without any protest, they nod and go. I come near him, but his panic increases more. He rocks himself back and forth more vigorously. I let out a few tears, unable to control it now.

"Zayn?" I call him in a broken voice, but nothing happens. "Za-" "YOU KNOW!!" he screams looking at me, completely shattered. He looks down, burying his face mumbling "you know" more lightly now. I sit next to him and rest my back to the wall. "But there's nothing to be afraid of, love" I say the L-word without thinking. "M-m-bu-v-t y-yo-u-u-o k-" "Zayn" I cut him from his incoherent mumbling. He shuts his mouth, but still hyperventilates.

I hold his cheeks and force him to look at me. He starts sobbing at the first contact and starts thrashing. I move in closer, with my thighs on both his sides, still sitting; locking him out and my hands still pressed to his cheeks. "Zayn, baby look at me. Okay? Just look at me. You're fine! I promise." He still doesn't look convinced, so I hug him. I can already sense my tee getting wet with his tears and snot.

I bury his face to my chest and press his ears in a way so he listens to my heart beat. My arms completely envelope him, so does my thighs. I card my fingers through his hair, attempting to calm him down. I keep shushing him in a gentle manner while unhurriedly rock him back and forth. I don't know how long we've been onto like this, but he does eventually cool down. He is still in a panicked state, but less frantic now.

"Zayn" I call him out, while my chin is resting on his head. The second I call him, he gets up and moves away from me. If I was broken before, then now I'm crushed into fine power. Without any control, a sob rips out of me too. He again falls down by the floor and cocoons himself, shielding from everything. I also join him in crying for a while and I try to relax myself for Zayn. He needs me.

I would burn the entire world to ashes if I have to, for Zayn. I will do anything to keep him happy and smiling. I don't even know when my worst nightmare turned to be seeing my Zayn hurt. I take a deep breath in and a deep one out. I do that several times to compose myself before approaching him. He's having a mental breakdown and right now, I can't help him if I'm not abled enough to hold myself down.

I lie down next to him, facing the cocoon he created. In a way, we are face to face. "Candy.." I whisper to him desperately. He slowly peeks out of his little shell and looks at me. Right now, only his eyes are visible. I know now it's a serious moment, but by God, his eyes are the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.