28. The Silent Treatment Does Do Some Good

Chapter 28

The Silent Treatment Does Do Some Good

The next morning, Savannah texted even before the sun came up. It didn't wake me, because I'd already been up all night and there was no way I was going to be getting any sleep anytime soon. No matter how comfortable my bed was, it wasn't helping.

Home now...and going to bed, she messaged.

Glad to be home? I sent back a moment later.

Eh. Rather still be there.

Wish you were, too.

Love us too much?

Definitely.

Please, can we come back?

Maybe you can in a few weeks.

Can't wait then!

I sighed. So...something happened with Drake.

Really...?

We had a semi-fight. I accidentally told him I still loved him. We kissed. Oh, and I ran away. It just...he's still hiding something from me, but refuses to tell.

Asshole.

Yeah, but...

Sure, you still love him, but secrets aren't good.

I want to talk to him about it...but I can't face him just yet.

How about you kiss it out of him?

No.

Very revealing...tell me more.

I don't want to.

Is someone shy to tell her best friend?

Yes.

Nice. But Drake's good for you. And Beau says he (Drake) loves you, even though he won't admit it.

Hardly doubt that.

Can't you see? Emmy and John and everyone else see it. Except you two.

Okay, I'm done talking now. Call me later.

Eh, whatever. But really, Hattie. Talk to him. Make up...and then make out.

***

The kitchen was its normal loud when I walked in just two hours later. Breakfast was cooked and everyone was filling up their plates to take to the dining.

Everyone would be leaving later that day, the Knights back to Pallandino and Brotherhood back to London or D.C. The only ones who would still be here besides Emmy and John was me, Drake, and Cruz...which I didn't know how I would like that after what happened the night before.

Maybe I'd just attach myself to Emmy's side. Yeah, that'd work.

Being the last to grab a plate, I really didn't have much choice in seating in the dining room...especially since some of the chairs seemed to have disappeared, leaving only one left open between Emmy...

And Drake.

Of course.

His eyes locked with mine when I looked at him and everything that happened the night before came rushing back, even though it had barely left my mind as it is. No one seemed to notice our staring, so maybe he hadn't said a word.