19. Time With The Best Friends...And The Insane Man Following Me

Chapter 19

Time With The Best Friends…And The Insane Man Following Me

Savannah and Ash were both lying on my bed – Savannah against the pillows with her feet propped up on Ash’s back as she lay on her stomach.  They were watching as I tugged the last of my suitcases to my door, making the grand total six.

Finally, after four days of doing nothing but sorting out everything I would need in England and wherever else I ended up in the summer, everything was packed up and ready to go.  I was exhausted, too, and all I wanted to do then was take a nap.

“Dang, babe.  What did you pack?  Everything in your closet?” Savannah asked, laughing. 

Ash continued their shared observation.  “I would have thought you’d just pack t-shirts and shorts.”

“I’m working in an office and a lab.  I can’t really wear that.”

“So that’s why that last suitcase was full of heels?”

“Exactly.  Dress code, you know?  Once I get to my office, I usually take off my heels…”

Ash raised an eyebrow.  “Your office?  You have your own office?”

I rolled my eyes, but nodded.  “Yeah, I do.  I thought I told you guys this.”

“Well, we knew you worked there…not that you were important enough to have your own office.”

I grinned.  “Right beside Emmy and John’s.  So yes, you could say I’m pretty important.”

Savannah sniffed.  “Do you smell favoritism, Ash?  ‘Cause I sure do.”

“Shut up,” I laughed, going over to the bed to stretch out beside her as Ash grinned and flipped over, sitting up.

“So,” Savannah started then.  “Have you talked to Beau yet?”

“No,” I sighed.  “I think we still need a little time to cool off.”

“You’ve been cooling off for the last four days,” Ash said.  “I’m pretty sure he’s okay, now.”

“Are you gonna at least talk to him before you leave?  I mean, you guys can still be on your break or whatever and still talk, right?”

“And you know he’s mad at himself…again.  You didn’t have to spend all last week with him as he beat himself up.”

“Sad, really.  I’ve never seen him act that like.  He’s always so happy and whatnot, but not now.  You know he called me yesterday, asking if I would get you to talk to him…”

I did a double take.  “Hold up…what?”

“You heard what I said, Hattie,” Savannah sighed, rolling her eyes.  “And I’m going to tell you again.  You need to get things straight with Beau before you leave tomorrow, okay?  Call him, text him, meet him, whatever, but you can’t leave everything the way it is right now.”  She smiled brightly the next moment, clapping her hands together.  “Now, can we go to the mall?  You promised after you finished packing…”

I grinned mischievously at both of them.  “You know what you have to do make me, right?” I asked, nodding over to my suitcases that somehow had to make their way downstairs to the garage. 

Ash groaned, putting her hand to her head.  “I don’t want to go to the mall…so do I have to?”

“You have to no matter what,” I laughed, pulling her up with Savannah’s help.