eighty nine

Amelia Tomlinson
"Harry?" I question as he walks in the door with a worried look. He went to go see Louis, because Louis called him that morning. He walks up to me and cups my jaw, making me confused as he kisses my lips.

Our lips smack as he pulls away. "Um.." he murmurs, scratching the back of his neck.

"What did Louis want? And why were you gone the full day after that?" I notice it was late at night. It has been one hell of a day, and I need to talk to Harry.

A while ago, Harrys father came over here, and dropped the grandchildren bomb on us. He wants them now, before he retires from here and Harry takes over. And before Harry takes over, he wants us to have a son to be next in line.

I had to get my birth control bar removed, and that night we started trying. I haven't taken a test yet, up until today, but we've just been having sex without Harry using a condom, knowing what could happen.

And we went out to the store to buy a whole bunch of tests and that's when Harry noticed London and Louis on the side of the road, in his car, down the road from his house.

I took a test today and it came back positive so I need to tell Harry first. I don't know where he's been all bloody day but I've known since this morning and I can't keep it in anymore.

He doesn't answer but he just looks at me, with a look. "Wait," I stop him and he swallows. "I um..." I look down, and take his hands in mine. "I tested today,"

His whole face changes, like he was shocked and his eyes light up. "Positive?" he says and I bite my lip and start nodding and his eyes widen. "Wait, really?"

I take his hands and he follows me to the bedroom where I take the tests off the bed and show them to him. He looks at them and then looks up at me. "Fuck. That's great news," he smiles and tackles me in for a hug, I hug him back, wrapping my arms around him. "My father will be very happy to hear that,"

"Don't tell Louis, or any of the boys...I want to tell Louis first,"

"I won't, but that's great news," he smiles and tucks hair behind my ears. I smile back at him and he kisses me.

"Anyway, now you can tell me why you were gone for half of the day," I pull back and ask. And he goes back to looking sad.

"Louis...um...sent London back to her house,"

I widen my eyes. "What? Why?"

"He didn't say, he said we'd talk bout it later," he shrugs softly.

"He did that willingly? God London has changed him. I know my brother and he's never do something like that a couple of months ago. I mean it's good she gets to live her life,"

"No.." he shakes his head. "Louis, has had three girls, Mills,"

I start shaking my head. "I don't...I don't understand,"

"When the boy has had three girls...there's a...death penalty," he says, softly and I widen my eyes.

"You mean..?"

"Louis is supposed to be killed, for not looking after any girls he's had, it shows he's useless to this society,"

I drop my jaw, cupping my mouth. "No..." I breathe out. "No he can't die," I shake my head.

"Did you know that he never wants kids?"

"He's told me before," I say shakily, on edge about my brother being fucking murdered.

"So your father isn't happy that there won't be anyone carrying on the Tomlinson name, which makes this worse,"

"He's fucking stupid!" I gasp. "Why did he send London back!"

"I don't know," he shakes his head.

"Harry, convince your dad to not kill him, he's all I've got left," I say shakily. "Please, you know how much Louis means to me,"

"There's nothing I can do, Millie. If he sent London back then that's on him, he knew what was going to happen,"

I shake my head. "No, I refuse. We have to get London back," I feel my eyes water. "Please," I close my eyes and let out a sob. I feel Harry wrap his arms around me and I grab his black shirt in my hands.

"I'll try..." he whispers, kissing my head. "I know this is hard to hear, but Louis knew what was coming his way,"

"Well, we're going to get London," I pull away and he cups my jaw. "I don't care how hard is to get her, Louis can't die," I sniff and he flicks his eyes over mine. "He's already been through so much...he doesn't deserve this,"

"Louis' a prick," he says and I fold my lips in a line.

"It's because he hasn't had anyone to show him otherwise," I feel my self get emotional just thinking what Louis went through as a child. And I know if it was the other way around, he would make sure I don't get what he's getting and I'm going to make sure it doesn't happen to him. "Can we?"

Harry sighs and rubs his eyes. "I can't put you at risk for hurting yourself, now more than ever," he says. "I'd hate if something were to happen to you," he holds my hips.

"Then just forget I'm pregnant for a minute, I need to save Louis,"

"I can't just forget your pregnant, okay? This is serious,"

"And so is this, Harry. Louis cannot die," I let a tear slide down my cheek. "Please," I beg. "You know he'd do it for me,"

And that's when he grabs my hand and tosses the tests on the bed. He pulls me out of the room and we go into the lounge room. "Fine. I'll try to get London back, but she signed it too,"

"Why?"

"My guess, Louis' hiding something. And I want to know what," he said and I instantly agree.

//
🥲🥲