Chapter 37

Author's Note

3 more chapters! I'm updating this book way earlier than a week but I'm hoping that THIS one will put me back on schedule once again. I hope you like the chapter. Vote and Comment!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Zayn's POV

Everything was strangely calm from Kaley asleep in Niall's lap to Louis sitting down and not making a peep. I was also calm which surprised me the most. Maybe this time I was ok because I know Violet isn't going to die on me. I have this feeling in my gut telling me for once everything will be fine and that even though this won't be the last bump in the road it will be the last big one for a while. The feeling has gotten me through the last 5 hours. Violet is still asleep given that she's been put on medication that keeps her knocked out. The doctors want to get as much food in her system as possible while she won't throw it back up or struggle. The doctors have also been giving me and Emma hourly updates for three hours now.

I'm bouncing in my seat eager to hear the next update that is due in less than 15 minutes. Emma is playing some game on her phone with Harry; trying to forget the situation we are in. Emma has almost lost someone three times now and that isn't counting her parents she lost when she was little. Every time she manages to get stuck in these situations she fights through it and once it's over acts like it never happened. I guess that's her way of coping. I heard foot steps and my head immediately shot up to see Dr. Williams; Violet's doctor. I remained calm when I saw the huge smile on his face hoping it had something to do with the news he is about to tell us. "Well everything is going great, so it seems we can take Violet off the sleep medication and she should wake up in about half an hour." The doctors news just made my smile grow bigger knowing that Vi was going to wake up soon.

My happiness quickly eased though when I thought about what might happen when Violet wakes up. What if she blames me for not noticing and not being there for here? If she does I have no idea what I will do because she's right if I was there for here and noticed it never would've gotten this far. I'm here boyfriend, no I'm her fiancé my job is to take care of her. A hand tapped on my shoulder softly and told me Vi was awake. I've been wrestling with my thoughts once again I wasn't there for my fiancé. I need to make up for it and make sure she knows I love her. I stood up so fast I had to regain my balance and wait for the dizziness to subside.
I made my way into Violet's room as fast as I could to walk in and see the love of my life confused and with a huge frown on her face. I cautiously walk up to Violet pulling a chair up with me. Out of nowhere Violet broke down crying muttering things I couldn't understand. I brought my arms around her tiny waist and pulled her to me. I started singing little things hoping it would comfort her like it always seems to. Her sobs soon turned into tiny sniffles, and she slowly looked up at me. It seemed like she was scared I was going to be mad which made a frown appear on my face. "I'm not mad at you" I said looking down at her. She started shaking her head no like something was wrong "You should b-be what I did was s-stupid I don-don't know why I did it, I'm so stupid. Now I'm in the ho-hospital and you ha-had to go through this a-again. I'm so s-sorry." Violet started talking quickly and was beating herself up about the whole situation. I quickly stopped her and begin to talk "hey love it's ok now you can get better. It's almost better. All you need to do is get to a healthy weight again and everything will be fine, I promise." After I finished I softly kissed her on the forehead, but then I decided she probably needed some real good news so I began to talk again. "The good news is since you're cooperating the doctors are letting you leave. Emma is talking to the doctors then we can leave" I was hoping my news would brighten her mood a bit, which surprising it did brightening mine also. After Violet got dressed we walked out of the hospital hand in hand both with smiles on our faces. Right when Violet got out of her hospital room she was bombarded with people giving her hugs. Kaley seemed weird though she didn't say anything she just gave Violet a huge hug. Violet's smile faltered just for a second, because she too knew something was different. We all went our separate ways to our own cars. Violet and I only disconnected when we went to our sides of the car to just latch again once we were both buckled in.