Chapter 14

Not Edited ...

Ryan's Point of View

When I was a younger kid I never imagined myself how I am now. I didn't think I would be a guy who likes other guys. Or a business owner. But heck, I didn't think I would be right here crying over my own kids. I never wanted kids in my life but then Jesse came and things changed. I went from badass motorcylist to a married guy then to over the top business man. From there I went on to become daddy.

The day I decided that I wanted to become a dad was when Jesse came home talking about this little boy who had lost his parents in an accident. I heard his back story and unknowily it hits me hard. I knew what it felt to lose your parents so I told Jesse we could adopt him as our own. From the moment I laid my eyes on Alexander I felt like my world was now center on him. I wanted to make him smile and be the best dad for him.

Same goes for Sage. I never thought I wanted to become a dad to a little girl, yet alone a teenage one that had problems. But the day we went to see her and I saw her laying in her bed all those thoughts flew out the window. She had called me daddy by mistake but nonetheless I felt a connection to her just like I did to Alexander. She became my baby girl and I her daddy and I never could have been happier.

Fast forward to a couple of months later and things are insane. I never thought Sage would have ran away from home, from somewhere I pressume was safe for her. She's been gone for more than a week and it's been hard. I've ran around calling and asking people if they seen her. I sent out flyers all around the city, but no reply. Things only got worse at home. Jesse would always mope around and cry his eyes out, blaming me that she wasn't home. At first I took his blame as just a way of him letting out his frustration, but then he would get out of hand. We would argue and argue until enough was enough. I slept in the living room and he slept upstairs.

A few days past and Jeese and I were nowhere to being close again. I would eat in my office, take showers downstairs, and continued to sleep in the living room. Jesse did whatever he did and kept himself upstairs.

It was a regular Sunday night when I heard banging on the door. Annoyed and upset, I got up from my dinner plate and walked to the front door. I was about to open the door when I saw his hand take the knob. I looked up from the small, pale white hand to the baby blue eyes of my love. He was slightly paler than usual from the face but nonetheless he was still beautiful as ever. I took a step back, allowing him to answer the door.

"Oh my God! Alexander! Sage!" Jesse shouted, opening the door wider. He steps aside to allow Alexander who's carrying a sleeping Sage inside the house. "H..how .. Where did you find her?" He asked.

"In the city, she was drunk off her mind", Alexander explained.

Quickly, I rushed out of the living room in search for a blanket. "Set her on the couch Alex!" I yelled, grabbing the nearest blanket from the closet and rushing back out to the living room.

"God, she's so cold", Jesse said, feeling Sage's temperature.

"Here, cover her with this", I said, handing him the blanket. "Alexander go call the doctor and have him come over here to make sure everything is alright with her."

Alexander nodded and rushed out of the living room, heading to the kitchen.

I walk over to the couch and kneel down on the floor. Sighing softly, I tuck in lose strands of her dirty hair behind her ears, and lean down, pressing a kiss to her temple.

"Oh baby girl, how I missed you so much", I whisper then bury my face into the couch pillow, letting the tears come out at once.

Relief. That's what I felt as I cried into the pillow. My emotions pouring out all at once as I cried for what seemed like hours. When the doctor had came I didn't want to move from her side but was pulled away from Alexander. I watched as he examined her from head to toes, silently thinking that he should hurry up so I can go back to her and cry some more.