Basil of Baker Street x Chubby! Fem! Reader

For DreamyKawaii

For DreamyKawaii.

Fluff.

Sorry, I haven't seen the movie but I'll do my best to try and write this as accurate as I can.

You opened your eyes, for that brief moment in time, everything was normal: the sky was clear, the birds were chirping, the warm breeze was welcoming like every morning.

But this morning, you felt strange. A sense of suspicion rose, you rubbed your eyes and felt something tickle your cheeks. Whiskers were at the end of your elongated nose. A scream escaped your mouth as you got up inside a bed the size of a house. Your breathing increased as you became more confused each second. Your glance came across your (now large) bedside mirror and the unexplainable reflected.

You had turned into a mouse overnight.

"Oh no, oh no no no. How could this possibly be?" You pondered. "I need to get down." You used some bedsheets to try and make an escape rope to reach the hardwood floor.

You looked around your bedroom, everything was a lot bigger, like a completely different world.

"Alright, she's down. Get her." A voice commanded as a bag covered your head. A swift blow to your head made you unconscious, unaware on where the voices would take you.

~*~

The bag lifted from your head as you awoke. A groan escaped your lips as you saw the previous voices from before, anger rose in your body.

"Who are you? And why am I here?!" You bellowed.

"Ah, she's awake." A large rat in a black cloak and a top hat appeared. "Relax, toots. I ain't gonna hurt you, you're merely a pawn- bait if you could call it for my actual next victim. 'Detective Basil' he's called. So, you've got to just stay there. No noise." He announced.

"Why me?" You whispered to yourself.

"Oh, I almost forgot. I'm Professor Ratigan. Future ruler of the mousedom." He smirked.

"Not if I have anything to say about that." A voice yelled. A mouse in a detectives outfit strode. "Let the lady go!" It was strange, that mouse looked familiar somehow.

"Speaking of whom...guards, get him!" The rat ordered.

The detective fought the guards, you looked down at the ropes you were tied to, remembering mice have sharp teeth. An idea came to your mind, chewing. The ropes were quite weak, but you managed to slowly break free, with Basil struggling to get away from the guards.

You broke free and ran in his direction, sneaking through the commotion and grasped Basil's wrist and ran.

"Get them. We can't let them out of our sight." Ratigan bellowed as you two continued sprinting.

"I was supposed to save you." Basil declared, still holding onto you.

"And you're welcome. You needed the help." You rolled your eyes, still running.

"Well, allow me to introduce myself. I am-"

"Basil. I know, Ratigan told me. I'm Y/N."

"Oh, well hello, Y/N. In here, it's safe." Basil turned and dragged you into a large crack in a wall, surprisingly hiding a room. "I've been here before. I think we're safe."

"Ok...phew..." You looked around the dark room. "Anyway, thank you for saving me, or trying to anyway." You smiled. Basil's ears turned a slight pink.

"Oh...you're...welcome. I'm glad I could be of assistance. I think we might have to stay here for a while." You agreed as you both sat down.

Hours passed, hunger and tiredness had hit you two like a rock. You could feel your eyes droop, your head tilted down and rested on his shoulder. His ears grew even pinker as you fell asleep.

~*~

You awoke with a start. You felt your arms and torso, also looking at the bedside mirror, you were human once again.

"Darling, are you alright?" You heard a voice whisper to your side, a smile crept onto your face.

It was only a dream.

"Yeah, I'm ok, Basil. Thank you for asking. Just a bit startled." You pecked his lips. "I had a dream we were mice, and you saved me."

"Well, that's strange. But I'm glad you're ok." He curled up next to you and kissed your forehead. "Goodnight, I love you, Y/N."

"I love you too, Basil."

The end.