Merida x Fem! reader

Angst, fluff.
For JoeCartwrightsWife.

"I'm getting better. See?" You shot an arrow at the target, but only hit the edge of it.

"Oh, ye are getting very good." Merida laughed sarcastically.

"Oh, be quiet." You shoved her slightly. She pretended to be hurt. "Don't act pretend, you've tried pulling that trick since we were kids." You held out your hand to help her up.

"Yeah, yeah, alright. Are you getting better at horse riding?" Merida questioned.

"Well, it's been...interesting." You nervously answered.

Merida rolled her eyes. "Hang on, let me help you up." She took out an apple from her bag and chucked it to you. "Now, on you hop."

"See...about that, I haven't gotten yo that stage yet." But before you knew it, Merida grabbed your waist gently and lifted you up over the saddle. You horse shook slightly at the sudden movement.

"Give him the apple quick, Y/N!" Merida gasped.

You gave your horse the apple and he slowly calmed down. "Phew, thanks Merida. Phillip is a bit calmer now."

"Its alright. Now, I've got a nice spot we can go! Follow me." You put your black coat on while Merida got on her horse and rode ahead. You looked confused but managed to get Phillip to follow her horse, Angus.

The wind was flying onto your face as Merida's hair reflected the golden sun, you blushed a little at her beauty and fierceness. You've wanted to tell her how you feel for ages now, but you didn't know if she would feel the same way.

"We're here, lass." Merida got off of Angus and laid down on the fresh grass. You got off of Phillip and laid next to her.

"The sky looks amazing today." You gazed at the clouds.

"Not as amazing as you." Merida blushed.

"What?" You sat up with her, and before you know it. She kissed you.

"Y/N, I'm in love with you. I have since we were children, I didn't know what it was until recently."

"Merida, I love you too. But my parents won't accept me."

"Neither do mine. I've told them about how I'm in love with a woman. So, they don't want anything to do with me." Merida's eyes dripped tears as you wiped them with your thumb.

"Merida, let's run away together."

"What?!"

"You heard me. It'll be just us and the horses, think about it. No-one will know who we are and can't say what we can do." You kissed her again. "What do you say?"

Merida smiled. "Let's do it, lass."

"Get on your horse and let's go!"

You both got on your horses. The adrenaline running through your veins as you rode into the sunset.

The end.