Camilo Madrigal x Gender neutral! reader

Fluff, lime.

Camilo had wanted to ask you out for ages, he was just too much of a nervous wreck. Sure, he could talk to you when he was shape-shifting, but not as himself, if he was really honest, he didn't feel needed when he was himself, he was trying to figure out his identity with a bunch of different personas. But ever since he met you for the first time, helping Mirabel with some children in the village, he couldn't keep his eyes of you. Ever since you said hello to him, he would stutter and run away out of embarrassment.

"Ugh, every time it's the same thing over and over again. I just, ugh! Forget it, you wouldn't understand, Mirabel." Camilo always complained about him having a crush on you to Mirabel, your best friend.

"Ok, but I'm sure am tired of hearing about you CONSTANTLY talking about them, it's annoying everyone!" Mirabel groaned.

"Tell me about it!" Dolores yelled from afar, "every goddamm day!"

"See? She gets it, now, just pluck up the courage and ask them already!" Mirabel shook Camilo by the shoulders, "Pull. Yourself. Together. Man!"

"Ok, ok, I'll go talk to them, chill. God, you're annoying!" Camilo groaned, and walked off, with Mirabel and Dolores high-fiving in the background.

Camilo's POV:

I tried looking for you for ages, you seemed to be good at being impossible to find when someone needed you.
I looked around the village centre, then I saw you, dancing with the children, you taught different dance moves, god, you looked gorgeous moving gracefully. Damn, you could move those hips.

WHAT AM I THINKING?! CAMILO, NO, YOU'RE ONLY HERE TO TALK WITH THEM AND ASK THEM OUT. JUST THAT!

I hope this works. What if they don't want to? What if they don't like me for who I am? What if they only stand me if I'm someone else?

Come on, Camilo, have courage.

Your POV:

I saw Camilo walk towards me slowly, his face was really bright red, maybe he was sick. Why didn't he go to his tía Julieta for help? Maybe it was urgent.

I walked over to him to save some time, but he then became a very slow walker and started taking short, sharp breaths.

"Hola, Camilo, are you ok?" I asked.

His face grew even redder, but he finally spoke, "I-um, yes, I'm ok. But I was wondering if you would l-like to t-teach me to...." He stopped speaking.

"To do what? Dance? Sure I would love to teach you a dance routine or two!" Camilo's face lit up with joy, and coughed out of excitement, causing him to shape-shift into different people, including me.

"Great! Gracias, I'll meet you at the casita!" He said, completely embarrassed, and walked.

Gosh, he's kinda cute like that, maybe I should tell him how I feel soon. You know what, I'll do it after dancing.

No-one's POV:

You walked over to the casita where you saw Camilo at the front door, you two met eyes and both blushed slightly. Camilo ran over to you, took your hand, and led you to his room quickly.

"Yeah, sorry, I don't want to get caught up with my Mama, she can be very annoying when I have someone over. She wants me to find a love. But I told her I like someone.

Your heart dropped at that, he liked someone? Who?

"Oh, don't worry, now, let me teach you to dance." You took his hand, put it on your waist, and yours on his shoulder, and led him in the dance. For that moment, it was just you and him, together, you had waited for this for a long time. After a while, Camilo started to lead the dance instead of you, he held your waist a little bit tighter, giving you a wink, and slowly put his face closer to yours. Both of you closing your eyes, and your lips both interlocking into a beautiful kiss.

Camilo wrapped his arms around you, and you with yours. He ran his hand through your hair, eventually, he let go, and looked deep into your eyes.

"You know, it was you that I've liked you for a while. But can we keep it secret for a couple of weeks or so, mi amor?" He whispered.

"Of course, and I've liked you for a long time too." You pecked his lips and hugged him for what seemed like forever.

The end.

There you go, you little simps.