Luisa Madrigal x Gender neutral! reader

Fluff, heavy angst.
⚠️ Violence warning, mention of self harm. ⚠️

You were never a particularly strong person, you were quite small to the rest of the village people, 'the runt' as people would say. Sometimes a group of people your age would pick on you for being small and throw things at you, you had tried to ignore it by hiding in your home, but on some days you needed to get food and had to go outside.

But there was someone who always would brighten you day, Luisa, she was a Madrigal, but she was super strong. But you knew that inside she was a big softie, even if she didn't show that she was.

...

It was a sunny day, you're food supply was getting dangerously low, so, you grabbed your bag and walked to the village market, the feeling of worry and fear filling your lungs. You bought your food and briskly walked home, trying to avoid your tormentors.

But unfortunately, they all caught you in the corners of their eyes and started to pick up rocks and run over to you, throwing them at you, one stone had hit your foot and you crashed into a wall, barely able to stand up.

"Hello, runt, long time no see," said the group leader, José, "Why are you running? The fun is just about to start, guys, get them."

The rest of the group grabbed your food and started to throw it back and forth to eachother, while José pushed and kicked you.

"Please stop it! Leave me alone!" You pleaded.

"Hey, leave them alone!" You heard a voice yell, a tall woman ran over to you, standing in front of the group.

"Señorita Luisa! I didn't see you there, we were just leaving." José explained nervously.

"You better, otherwise I'll hit you so hard not even my Mamá can heal you!" Luisa threatened, and with that, José and his group ran off.

"Are you alright?" Luisa asked, helping you up and picking up your shopping, "goodness, you look rough, let's get you to my Mamá, she can help you."

"T-thank you", you trembled trying to stand up, "Oh god, that hurts."

"Hey, let me help you, let me carry you to casita." Luisa picked you up bridle style, along with your food and bag, and carried you to her home. Leaving you a blushing mess.

Arriving there, Luisa placed you down gently and called for Julieta, her mother.

"Oh my goodness, dear, let's have a look at you." Julieta said, examining you head to toe. "May I lave a look at your arms and legs? So I know what to do to help."

You were reluctant at first, but accepted her request, and she lifted your sleeves, saw marks on your arms, Luisa saw too, and gasped slightly, you felt tears brimming your eyes, Julieta noticed, and gave you an arepa, and left you with Luisa. After your body healed, including your marks, you sat down at the kitchen, and bawled your little eyes out.

Luisa immediately brought you in to a hug and comforted you.

"Hey, it's ok, no-one is going to hurt you anymore, shhhh, everything is going to be alright."

"I-it's not that", you sniffed, "I've never been strong, look at me, I'm so small, they were all right, I'm only a runt!" You cried out, "I just feel so worthless, so this was the only way to relieve the pain." You looked at your arms.

Luisa was now facing you, "I understand completely", you looked up at her, "there are days when I feel like I'll never be strong enough, I have to be there for everyone. Some days, I just want to crawl up into a ball and just cry." Luisa smiled, you two had stared at eachother without saying a word, you both now had a deep understanding of eachother, you both blushed and looked away.

"Thank you Luisa, I really appreciate it." You leaned over and kissed her cheek, she stood there shocked.

"I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to-" you were cut off by her lips catching yours in a tender kiss, you closed your eyes and melted into it, all your troubles were gone st that moment. You both let go, realising your love for eachother.

"Anytime, precious, would you like to stay with us for tonight, I'm sure Abuela won't mind."

You giggled, "I'd love to."

And with that, you both kissed once more.

The end.

Hi! Everyone, sorry I've been absent, but since I'm on holiday, expect more stories. But if this was upsetting for you, I understand due to having gone through difficult mental health problems myself. I'm always here of you need me, I love you.