fourteen.

10 months later ( no faceclaims this chapter )

Eli went into a coma and ended up dying, Dialani was found a 3 months after Eli incident, Rahsaad was labeled dead on scene, K'shaun was sentenced to prison for 2 years for holding a gun with no liscense, they had no proof that he killed K'shaun. Essence took this time to focus on herself, She took K'shaun mom with her and moved to Atlanta, She stays in touch with Jah'mene, Turns out Journei was Eli's and Essence felt like she was the only family Jah'mene had left, Essence also found out she was pregnant through a miscarriage :(.

Essence | Ess

november | 6:25 pm

" Mama i'm going to the store right quick, about to run to Walmart right quick; the kids are watching tv " I yelled up the stairs.

" Alright " she replied with a series of bad coughs. Mama been having bad coughs for a minute. I didn't like the sound of that.

" hey guys, mommy will be right back okay? don't give grandma a hard time " I said walking out the door.

as soon as i got in my car my phone started ringing.

INCOMING CALL
mini 💖.

" Heyyyy " I said while buckling my seat belt n propping the phone up.

" Heyyyy girl, journei wanted to see her cousins " she said putting her in the camera.

" heyyy cute girllll " i said cooing at my phone. " i'm running to the store real quick but i'll call as soon as i get back " i added in.

" okay, i also wanted to know what you doing for yo birthday " she said turning the camera towards herself.

" same as last year, spending it with my kids.. you're welcomed to join me " i said while driving.

" girl dat is so boringgg, why don't you go out ? " she questioned me propping up the phone and starting to help journei eat.

" I don't need to go out Jah'mene, but i'm finna go in the store i'll call you back " I said hanging up the phone.

~ at the house ~

" royal come here i'm not playing with you " i said chasing him around the house.

he laughed and kept running.

" fine, you don't have to eat " i said placing Taliyah plate on the table and walking upstairs

I knocked on mama door but didn't get a response " hey mama, the food's ready " I said opening the door.

she just mumbled. " Ma cmon, you gotta take your medicine and eat something " i said trying to sit her up.

" Essence leave me alone, i'm tired " she said snatching her arm away from me.

" mama you know i can't do that, you haven't ate anything all day " i said to her. " just take a few bites and you can come back upstairs for your medicine "

" Get out my room Essence, im not taking anything " she said turning over.

I stood up and exited her room and went downstairs.