four.

DiaLani Symoine Mane
Chicago , Illinois

DiaLani Symoine Mane Chicago , Illinois

1:42 PM

I walked in the house calling Essence name because it's been a while since we had a bestie picnic.

" ESSENCE " I yelled.

" bestie .. where you at ? " I asked checking her room

" she went to drop Taliyah off " Eli said as he was coming downstairs rubbing his eyes

" well it's almost 2 , she hasn't been back yet ? " i asked pulling out my phone to call her.

It's rang all the way through. Something was wrong. I checked her location and it said she was still at Taliyah daycare.

" She's still at the daycare which is confusing because she's be back by now " I said grabbing my keys and running towards the door.

" Hold on im coming " Eli said as he grabbed a jacket and ran out with me.

I was speeding to get to Essence. All i wanted was for my bestfriend to be okay. She's been through a lot and I just wanted her to get to the point in life where she can look back and be glad she got through this battle.

I parked the car behind Eli's and hopped out and ran into the daycare. One of the ladies pulled me to the side so i wouldn't frighten the children.

" What's wrong " she asked.

" My bestfriend was here earlier to drop off her daughter Taliyah and hasn't been back home " I said.

" oh, i'm sorry. we could check the cameras " She said and helped me to the back.

" The sign in sheets says she was her at 10:42 " she said as she scrolled the cameras back to that time.

My heart dropped when I seen her get snatched up by Rahsaad.

" oh my god " I cried. " inform the police please " I said and she grabbed the phone.

" thank you " I yelled as i ran out to Eli.

" Check around the building , Rahsaad did something with her " I said as open his car door and looked for anything important

Elijah Danel Mane | Eli
Chicago , Illinois

DiaLani told me to search around the daycare to see if i could see Essence somewhere

My heart stopped as i seen a body laying next to a trash can.

I was walking up to it hoping it wasn't Essence. If it was Rahsaad was gone feel my pain.

I bent down to check the body. I started tearing up once I seen the body had a similar necklace to Essence.

The necklace had her parents death date & Taliyah's birthday.

I moved her hair out her face and let my tears drop. She was barely recognizable.

I checked her pulse it was faint.

" Don't give up " I said as I picked her up. I could hear the police and the paramedics pulling up.

All I could think of was killing Rahsaad. Essence did nothing but love him & this is what he do when she was finished with his bs.

" Her pulse is faint and she has blood everywhere. " I said as I placed her on the stretcher.

I could see Lani breaking down and the police was comforting her. Shit breaks my heart. It's really gone break my heart if Essence don't make it.

Ion even know how long i had her out here.. I should've called.

" Would any one of you like to ride with her to the hospital? " A petite paramedic with glasses and ginger hair said

Looking back at DiaLani I figured I should go.

" Uh yea .. i'll go i'll follow behind you " I said tryna hold myself together.

I walked over to Lani and hugged her. Essence was literally her heart. Idk what she would do if she lost her.

" I'm ab to go to the hospital. Get Taliyah and y'all go home " I said kissing Lani forehead and grabbing my keys.

Man, ima fuck Rahsaad ass up.

~&~

It had been 3 hours since Essence been in surgery. I was hoping all was going well.

DiaLani had cooled down and was on her way with liyah.

I was pacing back and forth for the 8th time when a Lani walked in and hugged me.

" Is she okay ? " she said

" I hope so. She's still in surgery " I said.

I looked at liyah who was fast asleep in Lani arms. For the sake of her I hope Essence was okay.

Just then a doctor came up to us.

" Are you the family of Essence Stewart ? " He asked.

" Yea, what's going on ? did she make it ? " I asked.

" I have good news and bad news " He said.

" Good news is she's outta surgery. Bad news is she lost a lot of blood & she's in a coma and can't breathe on her own. She had a skull fracture & broken kneecaps " He said

I stood there for moment tryna take a grasp on reality. My other little sister is in a coma using a machine to to help her breathe.

" Can we visit her ?" Lani asked

" Yea, she's in room 234 " the doctor said then walked off.

We went to her room. It broke our hearts seeing her like that.

Omniscient Pov

Essence was blinded by a white room. She adjusted her eyes and stood up.

Once she got on her feet her mother walked up too her.

" Awe my baby, how we've missed you so much my love. " her mother said.

she stood there in shock.. " mama is that really you? " she said.

" yes it is baby " she said as she held out her arms for a hug.

Essence went into her arms and just cried.