Chapter 28: Call Disconnected

Chapter 28

Call Disconnected 

~West

"What did your dad mean by that?" I asked, sitting on the bed as Keith dried his hair.

"By what?"

"I'll take who I need," I muttered. "He was looking at me when he said it."

Keith sighed and sat down beside me. "West, it was a blank threat. He won't leave you. You're my mate. I won't go anywhere without you."

I glanced out the window. "I don't understand why he hates me so much. I haven't done anything. Ran my mouth a bit, but that's all." I shrugged. "I've seen others do worse."

Pulling me to him, he kissed my head. "Give it time. I'll take care of my dad, so don't worry. You're coming with us."

"What about Aden?"

Keith fell silent for a moment. "That's for the alpha to decide." He stood and quickly got dressed. "I'll be back late, so I'll have someone bring you something to eat. Stay in the room until I get back, please."

I nodded. "Don't worry, you obedient mate will be here when you get back," I muttered flopping back on the bed.

"Such a perfect sub." He opened the door. 

I hurled a pillow at him. Keith escaped into the hall before it hit him. I heard him laughing as he closed the door and walked away. Staring up at the ceiling, I sighed. All day trapped in this room again. I was not looking forward to it. I brought my arms overhead and felt something hard. Turning over, I picked up Keith's cellphone. Well at least I won't be too bored. Turning it on, I picked out a game that would hopefully pass the time. 

*** 

~Shiloh

"Please, Ranger," I begged.

"Shy, I have work to do. We're finishing up here, and then we're going back to Midfield. I don't have time to wander around with you today." He led me to a bench in the Wolfsbane's building. "Stay here. Go anywhere else, and I'll have someone take you back to the hotel."

"Fine," I sighed, folding my arms and leaning back.

"I'll try to be quick." He kissed my cheek and left me to find Daven. 

I wasn't asking much, just to go back to West's room. There had to be someone there. West could have left us clues, and no one was going to take the time to even look. I pulled my legs up on the bench and slumped over. I didn't want to go back to Midfield. 

The elevator dinged nearby. Glancing over my shoulder, I saw men and women walking in and out some carrying boxes. I could go by myself. Scanning the area, I didn't see Ranger anywhere. I rose to my feet and stood beside the bench. Leaning against the wall, I waited to see if anyone would react. No one seemed to care. I inched toward the elevator and waited beside it. I could hear it coming down. Two others stood at the entrance. They noticed me but didn't say anything. 

The doors parted, and I waited for the people inside to leave before entering. The other two stood beside me. They pressed a button. I reached forward and pushed in the one for West's floor.

The pair stopped on the floor before mine. I tried not to look suspicious as the door closed and I soon arrived on my floor. I peeked into the hall and found it to be empty. I crept down it. If I was quick, Ranger would never find out. Slipping inside, I started hurrying through the house. Everything had practically been removed. I went to the bedroom and searched under and around everything.