Chapter 7: Sons of Rogues

Chapter 7

Sons of Rogues

~West

I watched the alpha walked to a side door.

He stopped. “They stole my pack, I’m just taking it back.” His eyes went to his son. “You have your orders, go.” He slipped into the room and closed the door.  

“9 o’clock tomorrow, Keith,” said Adam as he led the rest of the men out of the room.

My fiancee nodded and grabbed my shoulder. “He might like you, West, but never do that again.”

Not replying, I picked up my clothes and  followed him out of the room. We went back to the elevator and got off two floors up. Keith pulled out a key from his pocket and unlocked the door. Opening it for me, he waved me through.

Walking down a small hallway, I stepped into a large open room. I ran my hand along the bar as Keith flopped down on one of the couches arranged around the TV.

With a sigh, he rubbed his forehead. “Finally, a moment to relax.”

I wandered around the kitchen, peeking into a couple cupboards. This apartment was very nice.

“Are you hungry?” he asked.

I snatched my hand back, and the wooden door swung shut. “No, just looking.”

“Guess, I should show you around.” He stood with a groan and stretched out his arms. “Over here is the bathroom.”

I followed him over to a set of doors. He opened one, and I glanced inside.

Keith touched the handled to the one across from it. “This is my office.” He pushed open the door.

Stepping inside, I scanned the room. It smelt like wood, very fine earthy wood.

“I’d prefer if you didn’t go in here when I’m not around.”

Nodding, I exited the room and followed him across the apartment to the last door.

“This is our bedroom.”

The door slowly swung open, and I entered. It was nice, and the bed was big. I glanced at him and took note of my own size. There was plenty of room for us both, and I won’t have to worry about touching.

“There’s a balcony over there,” he pointed, before leading me into the bathroom. “Closet, shower, and tub. Pretty basic stuff.”

I touched the smooth countertops. It wasn’t basic to me. I was used to public bathrooms. “You have a really nice home.” I looked into the closet to see an entire side filled with suits. The along the wall had more casual clothes. The section on the far wall stood out. They were clearly new and not Keith’s size.

“Well,” breathed Keith. “I’m starving, so why don’t you take a shower, while I cook us something to eat.”

“‘kay.”

Keith opened the cabinet under the sink. “Towels are in there, along with some different soaps and stuff. I didn’t know which one you’d like, so I just picked out some random ones.” He poked his head into the closet and motioned. “There should be something that fits you in there somewhere. Just dig around until you find something you like.” He took the bundle from my arms. “I’ll throw these away for you.”

I nodded and waited until he left, before closing the door. I flipped the lock into place and sat down on the toilet. There was no getting out of this. I brushed back my fur. At least, Keith wasn’t some domineering dominant like some of the others I had met.