Chapter 20: Aden

Chapter 20

Aden

~West

I took Lette's queen and moved it to the side of the board. He didn't even look concerned and shoved another piece forward. It was directly in the path of my rook. 

"Are you trying to lose?" I asked.

He sat up and scanned the board. "Oh..." He slumped over. "Can we start over?"

"We don't have to play if you don't want to Lette."

"There's nothing else to do," he muttered.

I pushed the board to the side. "What happened? Still think he's seeing someone else."

The werewolf's eyes started to well. "I know he is. He threw me to the side again." He put his head on the table and wrapped his arms around his face. "Why does he keep doing this to me."

I reached over and rubbed his shoulder. "I'm sorry. I wish I could do something, but he is the alpha."

Sitting up, he quickly wiped his eyes and played with his tail. "It's fine. He'll get sick of them like always and then comes back to me. It just sucks until then."

I gave him a sad smile. The door was thrown open, causing both of us to jump. The guards moved out of the way as Boss drag a man into the room. The blond was thrown across the floor. Boss's arm had scratch marks covering them. He licked the one around his wrist to stop the bleeding.

"He does not leave this room for any reason," he snapped at the guards. "Am I understood?"

"Yes, Boss," they quickly replied.

The alpha slammed the door closed, and everyone stood still, hesitant to move. The man took a deep breath and slowly stood. He took a moment to adjust his disheveled clothes. I had seen him before. Along time ago, but I recognized him from Northern Ridge.

He looked around, before his eyes landed on us. The sub started at me. "I've seen your. You're West, the one Ranger is looking for. "

I smiled hesitantly and lifted my hand. "Hi, um... Northern Ridge, right?'

He nodded, letting out a shaky breath. 

"Want to sit down? You're looking pretty worn out."

The sub took the spot beside me on the couch. Lette was giving him death stares. The boy climbed off the floor. He curled up in the corner of the other couch and faced the wall. So this guy was Lette's replacement. It didn't even seem like the man wanted to be here. 

"What your's name?" I asked.

"Aden."

"Oh yeah, I remember now. Saigon's dad right?"

He nodded. 

"Oh my god," I breathed, clasping my mouth. "But, that means, you're the, you're the beta's mate."

Aden nodded again.

"What in the hell are you doing here?"

He sunk down into the couch, shaking his head. "I mated with Jet once, to save Titus. I thought he was dead, though. They lied. They brought him back, when he was supposed to die."

"I'm lost," I laughed hesitantly. "You were boss's mate? The one he still hung up on."

"It was a death match," muttered Lette. "It's when Boss got the scar on his neck. His mate," he nodded toward Aden, "did it. But they were able to restart his heart and saved Boss's life."