Chapter 26: Me or Them-Private Version

Chapter 26

Me or Them

~West

I watched from the hot pool as Keith sat a table, talking on his phone to his father. I just hoped they bought some decent bedding and disinfectant. It was clearly business related, though. Sighing, I turned around and sunk deeper into the water. A bathtub could never replace a hot pool. If only I could be surrounded by trees in the middle of the mountains, then it would be perfect.

"An hour or so," stated Keith.

I glanced over my shoulder. 

"Yeah, yeah, I know."

He hadn't even gotten in the water yet. But it was hard to feel sorry for someone who had spent the day making fun of me. I walked up the steps and stretched out my arms over my head. I really needed this. 

Going to the large pool, I jumped in. The water was cooler and rather refreshing.

Shifting into werewolf form, I dived under the water. Kicking off the side, I swam to the other side. I did a couple more laps before floating around in the middle. 

I should have invited Lette. The sub needed to relax more than anyone else in the pack. Poor guy had to constantly put up with Boss's moods swings. I started to tread water when I heard Keith hang up. Lette and my mate were pack sacrifices when it came to dealing with the alpha and the only two people that I associated with. 

Keith walked over to the edge of the pool. "Enjoying yourself?" he asked, putting his hands on his hips. 

"Yep."

He laughed. "You look like a drenched puppy."

My ears pressed back, and I glared at him. I'd had enough of his attitude for the day. Swimming over to the side, I lifted myself out. "I'm relaxing." I shook hard, spraying water everywhere.

"Hey! Watch it." He held up his arms to block his face. 

I finished shaking off and smoothed out my head fur. Keith was dripping. The towel around his waist was falling off due to the weight.

"Was that necessary?" he muttered, wiping off his face.

I shrugged. "For being ignored for the past half an hour," I nodded. "Yep, it was necessary." I went back to the hotter pool.

Keith ditched his towel and followed me. "I was talking to my dad. I can't just hang up on him."

"Hmm..." I sat down on the edge and slowly lowered myself into the water. 

Keith walked down the steps. "Are you going to keep being mad at me?"

"I'm not mad. I'd just find you obnoxious and a little annoying at times," I said with a smile. "Suck it up pup, it was only water."

He did his best not to smile as he shook his head. "Pup? I think you're mistaken." He shifted and waded over to where I was sitting. 

I looked up at him with an eyebrow raised. "Are you trying to intimidate me?"

Stooping down to my level, he nuzzled my neck before sitting beside me. "Just remember who's the dominant in the bed," he whispered in my ear. 

Sighing, I sunk into the water. "You killed the mood." I started to squirt water with my hands. 

Keith put his arm around my shoulders. "What's wrong?"

"Just annoyed. We're forced to stay in a shit hole, because your dad's relationship issues."