Chapter 21: Learning the Hard Way

Chapter 21

Learning the Hard Way 

~West

We walked toward the elevator. Lette was seemed slightly better today, but the sub still looked rather depressed.

Keith's phone rang. He answered it and press the down arrow. "Yeah, when? Hmm..." He glanced between the two of us. "Alright, I'm on my way."

He hung up. "Some stuff came up. I need to go meet Adam right now. So can I trust you two to go to the lounge."

I shrugged as the elevator doors opened. "I'm not going to make a run for it Keith. I'm well past that now."

Smiling, he ushered us into the elevator and pressed the button marked with a two. "I can still worry, right?"

"Hmmm..." I glanced at Lette. "We're not that helpless. We might be receiving end of the relationship, but we can still take care of ourselves." I bumped into the boy next to me.

Lette nodded. "Yep."

The elevator stopped. 

Keith kissed my cheek and stepped out. "Alright then, have a good day." He gave me a wave.

"You too," I replied as the doors closed. 

Lette pressed a button.

"That's the wrong one." I reached over to the panel. 

He slapped my hand away. "Let me get off first, and then you can do what you like."

"Lette," I sighed. "Forcing yourself onto Boss is not going to make him take you back. If anything, it's going to piss him off."

"I didn't say you had to follow me," he snapped back. "I'm not under anyone's orders. I can go where I want."

"Ah, Keith just told you..."

The doors parted, and he marched out.

"Lette," I called, putting my hand in the way of the doors. "Come back. Let's going to the lounge."

He gave me a dismissive wave and continued on. "I'll come later."

"Lette," I groaned. "Boss's going to get mad."

The sub shrugged. "I've seen him mad before, West. It quite common actually." He turned the corner.

The elevator buzzed at me. I groaned and stepped into the hall. I'll grab the little brat and drag him to the lounge. I was still higher ranked them him at least. Marching down the hall, I caught up to him with his ear pressed against the wall. 

"Why are you here?" I asked confused. "Keith going to be angry with you.

"You should be thankful I'm saving your ass before Boss finds you."

He gave me an unimpressed look and shoved open the door. "Touch me, and I'll scream. He'll know we're both here then."

"You little-" 

The sub entered the darkened apartment, leaving the door open. I stood in the hall. Entering Boss's private quarters without permission, Keith would killed me. He was going to be upset that I was even here. Hell the man had probably called the guards to make sure we arrived safely. 

I back up against the adjacent wall and waited. Lette could have his little chat with the alpha, and then we'd leave. I'd explain to Keith later. He won't be too mad. I heard voices inside. The volume started to raise.