Chapter 23: Mating Dynamics

Chapter 23

Mating Dynamics

~West

“What do you think is going on at your dad’s apartment?” I whispered to Keith.

He eyed me. “Do you really want to talk about my dad’s sex life?”

I punched his side. “You know what I mean. Aden out there sleeping on the couch and Boss could be hurting Lette.”

“We’ve gone over this. My dad won’t hurt Lette.”

I sighed and sunk into his side with Keith’s arm around my shoulders while we watched TV.

“It was weird the way he stared at Lette. It’s like he forgot what the sub looked like as human.”

Keith shrugged. “I can’t remember what he looks like. It was a long time ago when he first arrived here.”

“Do you know he’s 32,” I stated. “That’s unbelievable right. He’s older than us.”

“It’s a werewolf thing.”

“Still, I thought something like 20 maybe 22 tops. But 32 that’s incredible, and Aden-”

Keith covered my mouth. “Alright, alright.” He rolled on top of my quickly and gave me a kiss.

I yanked his hand away. “Don’t. I was talking.”

“Too much.” He kissed me again. “I just want to relax, watch a little TV, and forget about my dad and everyone else.”

I turned my head sharply. “I can leave if you want.”

“With you West,” he laughed. “This is my only time I get to be alone with my mate and not have to deal with pack business.”

With a sigh, I sat up, and we returned to our original positions. Keith laid his head on top of mine, looking quite content with himself.

“Can you at least turn it to something else?” I muttered.

Keith picked up the remote and switched it. We watched a game show quietly.

Biting my lip, I glanced up at my mate. “Aden said that if we help-”

“No,” he said firmly. “I won’t betray my father.” He looked down at me. “And as my mate, neither will you. This is our pack.”

I sat up. “I just wanted to tell you, to give you the choice.”

He sighed. “I know you want to see your old packmates, but you’re mine now.”

I laughed at his childlike attitude. Clasping his cheek, I kissed him. “I told you before, I won’t go without you.” I gave him a smile. “I meant it.”

***

~Ranger

I bit into the Shiloh’s shoulder and went his nails dig into my back. His body trembled beneath me. Breathing deeply, I cradled my mate’s head in my arms and slowly lowered him down to the bed. His eyes slowly closed. I smiled down at the sweet boy. He was perfect; my perfect mate.

Carefully climbed out of bed, I went to the bathroom. I quickly cleaned myself up and dampened a washcloth with warm water. Going back to the bedroom, I sat down by Shiloh and softly wiped down his body. The sub didn’t move. The light pink scar on his shoulder made my wolf very satisfied.