Chapter 24

Gilly's P.O.V.

"Okay good."

Why am I telling her this? Maybe because I should've sooner, before people started to talk.

To set the record straight, I didn't cheat. No matter what anyone says.

I sigh, "So my relationship with Jack wasn't as 'sweet' as people thought it was... We fought, a lot. We were too similar if that makes any sense, both so stubborn." I give a small laugh, "At first it was just small bickering, but then it became more and more frequent."

Kayla stares at me, urging for more information, I honestly don't blame her. After the break up I didn't even want to hear Jack's name being mentioned.

"I can't even remember what the arguments were about! That's how stupid they were, but he would sometimes threaten to break up with me, or cheat. It was really stupid and just a big red flag. And that guy I was pictured with, it was my cousin. One I barely see because he lives on the other side of the world! Of course I'm gonna be clingy with him, and I shouldn't have to explain every single thing about my life.

A bunch of kids at our school are nosey and made assumptions because everyone  wanted to date Jack, and the fact that I got to didn't seem 'fair' to some people."

That's basically it, people always make things seem bigger than they actually are. Rumors really suck.

"That is so stupid oh my goodness." Kayla finally says, "And the more I look at the picture that people got of you and 'the guy', who turned out to be your cousin, the more I can see the resemblance."

During my dumb, little story, Kayla had pulled up a stalkery-ish photo the "Gossip-Blog" took of me and my cousin, Kayla looks back and forth between the picture and me. It's a low quality photo, but it's good enough where you can see a bit of similarity. "Yeah, the similar hair type, his just being short, the one dimple, and your noses are the same." She says.

I sigh and sink into the couch cushions, "Yep. I miss him, he's barely on his phone so we don't talk as much as I want. But when he visits, we're inseparable."

Kayla smiles at me, "That's sweet, I wanna meet him."

I smile back, "Next time he visits I'll try and introduce you to him."

"Yay!" She says, clapping her hands like an excited toddler.

I stand up and stretch my arms, "I'm gonna check on the twins, you can wait here." Han and Hamish had went up stairs after a while, probably going to go bother Trixie. Lucky for me, they all get along great!

Kayla nods and moves her attention to the TV, which is playing some superhero movie that I can't be bothered to name. 

Alrighty then, today has been a long day.

(A/N: hey 😇 speed ran this chapter frfr,,, do we want to go back to Jax's pov next chapter????)