Chapter 7

Gilly's P.O.V.

I hate school. With a fiery passion. At least it's the end of 4th period. We get to use our phones for the last ten minutes of class, Mrs.Beauty is really nice, that's also why she's my favorite teacher. She's AG's mom, so that helps as well.

I pull out my phone and pop in some earbuds so I can listen to music. As the music reaches my ears, I close my eyes. Tapping my fingers on my desk in the beat of music. 

Jax's P.O.V.

Once everyone takes their phones out, I panic. Why, I'm not sure. I have loads of games, I've made new friends, I just panic.

I look at Gilly, she looks so peaceful, her brown eyes closed, hair pulled back into a loose ponytail. She looks, wow. 

I realize I'm staring and turn my head away. It would've been really embarrassing if she caught me staring at her, so I guess I'll just continuing listening to a podcast that I started this morning.

After a few minutes, I feel a tap on my shoulder. It was Gilly. "You okay? You look like you're panicking."

"Nope, I am not fine."

"I can tell, what's wrong?"

"I don't know."

"Why don't you take some deep breaths, okay? Just follow me."

We begin to take deep breaths. I guess it was the silence. I've never liked it, there always needed to be some noise, just a little bit. "Better?"

"Better."

"So I'll ask one more time, what's wrong?"

"The silence."

"What about it?"

"I don't like it."

"Why- actually, you don't have to tell me."

"I mean, I'm listening to something right now! So why am I freaking out?!" I whisper, my voice breaking at the last sentence.

"Hey, hey. Look at me." Gilly puts her fingers under my chin, and lifts my head so I have to look at her.

"It's okay. I get it, I really do. Think about it, you're in a new environment, with new people. All of a sudden, it's quiet. Anything can happen when it's quiet. I know we only met today and this is physical contact, but Jax, believe me when I tell you this, you can talk to me. I'm always here."

I swear I felt my soul leave my body.

"R-really?"

"Forever and always. I have five younger siblings, and you can ask them all. I'm always  there for them."

I feel a bit better. "Thanks Gilly."

"No problem." She removes her fingers from under my chin and leans back a bit. "You have my number, so call me."

"I will."

"You better." she says with a small smile, I return it. Thank goodness we're sitting in the back of the classroom.

Gilly's P.O.V.

Jax looks physically calmer and more relaxed, but I don't know if there's still thoughts swarming around in his head. I guess being the oldest of six isn't such a bad thing, it definitely teaches you how to calm people down.

Honestly, now I wanna know more about him. I watch as his eyes dart around the room every once in a while, but then his eyes meet mine and he seems to calm down. What can I say? People always say I have that effect.

The bell rings and people quickly grab their things and leave. Jax and I make our way to the door when Mrs.Beauty says "Can you two stay back for a sec?"

(A/N: This might be one of my favorite chapters of anything that I've ever written. I hope you liked it, and sorry for the wait. Luv u and stay safe <333)