Chapter 23

Kayla's P.O.V.

"Jack Spriggins, a victim of cheating once again?" I look at Gilly, oh no. She's going to be involved, I just know it.

She looks pale, "I can stop if you want!"

"Do they still think I'm the one who cheated?"

I sadly nod, Gilly waves her hand as a sign to continue, "Jack Spriggins recently revealed that he was starting up dating again, shortly after posted a picture with @/randomuser. The caption being a red heart." I take a quick peek at Gilly, "The new couple has been spotted around the school a lot since then. A few months later, Spriggins's girlfriend, Alara, was spotted with someone else, they seemed to be awfully close."

Gilly speaks up, "Oh I bet I can guess what it's gonna say next. Probably gonna compare this situation to me, I've said it multiple times! I didn't cheat. I would never do that." Her voice breaks at the end. I put my phone down and scoot closer to her.

I wrap my arm around her, "Gilly, I know you would never cheat on anyone. People like drama and rumors. You can tell them whatever you want and show proof, but at the end of the day it's their choice to believe you."

Her eyes water, "I know!" she cries out. "This isn't fair."

"I know." I hug her and pat her back. "I think we should stop reading."

Gilly pulls back, "No, I wanna hear the rest."

I pick up my phone, "We've asked multiple witnesses what they saw, one saying 'I saw them hugging, and it looked like the guy kissed her cheek, but he could've been whispering something.' This is kind of similar to what happened with Spriggins's last girlfriend, Gillian Cobbler..." I trail off, "I knew it." Gilly spits out.

"For those unfamiliar with them, Cobbler and Spriggins dated briefly in Freshman year (9th grade) and the following June, splitting July 3rd, they seemed like a happy couple, many people 'shipping' them. It all went downhill fast though, they were spotted multiple times having arguments, and Cobbler was even spotted with another guy. People were quick to jump to conclusions, saying that she was cheating and that's what the arguments were about. Spriggins had sent out a tweet saying 'Me and Gilly are fine and happy together! just some petty argument, we're fine'

Of course many didn't think that was the truth, Cobbler later posted a statement, 'can u guys stfu, not all couple's a perfect and im allowed to have guy friends' They later broke up and have made no statements except for unfollowing each other and marking their relationship status as single. We'll be sure to let you know what we find out next!"

Gilly scoffs as I finish reading, "Oh my God."

"Yeah... Look I'm really sorry."

"It's fine, I probably should've just told the truth."

What.

"Excuse me? Did you cheat!?"

Her eyes widen and she jumps off of the couch, waving her hands in front of me, " No no no! I would never, I'll tell you what happened."

"Okay good."

(A/n: hey 😍 long time no update 😙🤞 but yeah here u go <3)