Chapter 26

Happy Sunday my lovely readers! Hope you are enjoying the story so far. :)

.............................................................................................

"OMG Khushi, you won't believe it, Paris is amazing, the light show was to die for. I can't express how happy I am Khushi. All thanks to Arnav Ji. If he didn't plan this Akash would never have taken me on this trip"

Payal and Akash were back from Paris and Payal couldn't hide her excitement. It was her first overseas trip. Her husband took her to her dream destination to watch her dream show. Khushi was so happy for her sister. Ever since Payal was married this was the first time they had some time alone. Otherwise, both Akash and Payal were busy with Khushi and her problems. Khushi felt less guilty now.

"I will go and make some tea for us" Payal left the living room leaving Khushi alone.

"Don't be jealous Khushi Ji, you will get a better surprise. After all your husband earns more than her husband does. Well planned Khushi. I have to admit, you are a mastermind. But don't underestimate me, I am no less. I say we should shake hands and form a partnership"

Khushi didn't know what to do. What the hell is Shyam talking about? What plan?

"Look, Mr. Shyam, I kept my mouth shut doesn't mean I have forgotten your true colors. If it was not for my Di or Anjali Di, I would have told your truth to the whole family. Don't forget that you are enjoying a burrowed time. So if I were you instead of battling with the impossible, would rather plan my afterlife."

"Oh Khushi, you don't have to act in front of me. I know your truth. I know why you married Arnav."

Khushi had a heart attack. How did he know? They haven't shared this with anyone. Only Arnav, Khushi, Akash, and Payal knew. But then how come Shyam got to know about the plan? What is she going to do now? She has to tell Arnav this as soon as possible. She was about the leave there when she heard his next lines,

"At first I thought I should tell him about that boyfriend of yours whom I saw that night at your house. Then again thought why should I give away my trump card? Listen you a little piece of crap, do as I say or your truth will be revealed to your husband. Arnav does not do well with Cheating"

Saying that he left her alone. Khushi quickly took her phone out and texted Arnav, "Arnav Ji, please meet us at the same restaurant we met that day, bring Akash Ji with you. Di and I are leaving in 10 mins. I will explain everything when we meet"

Payal was in the kitchen and she was giving the details of her trip to Devi and Manu.

"Di, I just thought it has been ages since you and I had an alone sister time. What do you say, shall we go out for a coffee, please"

"That's a good idea Khushi. You both should go out. Have fun. Once you are my age you should not feel bad for not living your life when you had the chance" Said Devi.

Khushi grabbed Payal and rushed out.

"What is wrong Khushi, you can't fool me. I know there is something behind your sudden plan"

"Wait Di, I will tell you everything. First, we'll go to the restaurant. Arnav Ji and Akash Ji are meeting us there"

"But Khushi,"

"Di, relax. Come with me"

"Khushi why did you text and asked us to meet you here? Is everything ok? Is it about Shyam, did he try to hurt you? I am going to kill that basted"

"Arnav Ji, calm down. Nothing like that happened" Khushi then repeated the whole conversation she and Shyam had.

"So basically he now thinks you broke up with your boyfriend, then trapped me with your love and got married to me to live a luxurious life. Wow Khushi, he has some high expectations from you"

"Arnav Ji, this is not a joke. What if he tells this story to Anjali Di? She might not believe him but can we take a chance?"

"Yes Bhai, Khushi Ji is right, Shyam can use this against Khushi Ji in many ways"

"I know Akash, but you have to admit this is funny."

"Oh really? So Mr. Raizada, you think I don't have it in me to trap you? So according to you if it was not, for this reason, I wouldn't have a single chance of marrying you? Is that what you are trying to say?"

"Mrs. Raizada, that is exactly what I am trying to say. Thank you for the elaboration"

"Who do you think you are Mr. Raizada? You are not some sort of god. Don't give much importance to yourself."

"I know I am not some sort of a god Mrs. Raizada, I am a greek god, aren't I? Your words, not mine"

"Aren't you ever going to let that go? That was simply a slip of tongue, I didn't mean it"

"Feeling a less defensive aren't we?"

"I'll show you defensive"

"ENOUGH BOTH OF YOU" Akash couldn't take it anymore. His brother and sister-in-law were fighting like small kids.

"I am glad you two are married to each other. Today I realized by getting married you basically saved two innocent souls out there. God, I can't even imagine anyone else living with either of you."

"Khushi, Arnav Ji, you have the whole life to fight but right now we have more pressing matters than figuring out who is more capable out of you two. So shall we?"

Once both Khushi and Arnav calmed down, they sat at the table and planned their next move.

"I think Khushi should go with the flow. Let him think what he is thinking is true. Knowing Shyam I don't think he will disclose any of this to anyone. As he said, this is his trump card so unless it's a life or death situation he won't use it"

"I agree that, but that means Khushi Ji will have to do as he says"

"Unless,"

"Unless what Payal?"

"Unless what if she tells him that she has already shared this news with you and asks him to talk to you if he has any doubt"

"Actually Payal that's a good idea, and if comes to me I will act normal and say yeh I know she was in a relationship before but she broke it off so it really doesn't matter now. I will show it off like it means nothing"

"And then he can't ask me to do as he says" Khushi was relieved.

It has almost been two months ever since Khushi rejected Shyam's proposal to make an alliance by saying Arnav knows about her past and after hearing this Shyam took a back seat. He didn't want to be a target and he know if he went to Arnav to confirm this it will raise red flags and Arnav is not a person you should have as an enemy.

Arnav is a very faithful person. Whether you are his family or an enemy he fulfilled both of the relationships to the point of never leaving a chance to complain. 

Shyam has seen how extent he goes to protect his family and he knew Arnav will make his life worse than hell if he gets to know his truth.