Chapter 04

A month passed after the temple incident. For Khushi, Arnav was still running around her mind every night before she sleep and his face is what she woke up to.

Same with Arnav, a month has passed but he can't let go of Khushi's face.

During this month the only person who made progress is Shyam. He managed to help Khushi with the fine. In reality, he emotionally blackmailed Anjali and got her to give him Rs.15,000 and he paid the fine. But told Khushi and her family that he fought the case and the judge waved the fine. Madhu, Khushi's aunt was so grateful for this young man and started building up this dream home for Khushi. She has seen the way he looks at Khushi and thought it was time she spoke to him to clear the air.

"Shyam Ji, as an elder I am asking you. Do you like my niece Khushi? I have seen you looking at her lovingly and I am more than happy to move forward with this proposal if that's what you want. Khushi will never say no to her family. After all, we took her in when her parents died." said Madhu.

Even though Payal's parents loved Khushi like their own, Madhu had a different view. She always had a soft corner for Payal and she kind of blamed Khushi for losing her brother and sister-in-law. She believed Khushi was unlucky for her parents and wanted to get her married to someone soon. After that, they can find a good person for Payal and get her married.

"Well Madhu Aunty, you caught me after all. I feel I am in love with Khushi Ji. I am earning enough and can keep her happy. I have my house in Pune and will move there after marriage" said Shyam. He knew he does not have any house in Pune. He only wants one night with Khushi. Once he is engaged to Khushi he will make something up, and take her out for one night. Sleep with her and then he can go back to the luxury of the Raizada mansion. He knew a girl like Khushi will never go out with him unless there is something binding them together.

As a person who understood the legal system, he knew even if they find him after he leaves, they can't do anything as he is legally married to Anjali is his engagement with Khushi can never be legal.

As for Anjali, he knew which button to push for her to believe him.

However, Payal always felt negative vibes from Shyam ever since he started hanging out more at their place and when she heard her Aunty trying to get Khushi engaged to Shyam she knew she had to do something.

"No no no Aunty. I am the elder daughter and I demand to get married first before you get Khushi married. " Said Payal. She knew Khushi will feel bad, she might never talk to her after this stunt but as an elder sister, she had to do something. At least this stunt will give her a few months to research Shyam. Khushi has lost her parents already and Payal was not going to let Khushi married to the wrong person. Khushi deserves all the love in this world. Her sister should get married to a person who can shower her with all the love and respect.

Saying that she rushed out of the house and started walking toward the temple. On her way to the temple, she saw two ladies, one in her late 70s and the other in her mid 50's arguing with a taxi driver.

"We are sorry, we don't have change. Can you wait here until I go to that shop and get some change? My mother-in-law will stay here until I am back if you cannot trust us" said the Lady in her 50s.

"Madam, you will disappear after that and I am left with this older person. Later she will complain her knee hurts or back hurts and I will end up not getting my money instead people around will push me to drop her off for free. I demand my money"

"You can keep the Rs. 500 son, we don't need the change. But let us leave now. We are getting late for my doctor's appointment, please" said the lady in her late 70s.

Payal quickly went towards them and asked, "What happened bhaiya (to taxi driver), why are you making it hard. You are getting Rs.500 for maybe Rs.100 worth of ride, why don't you take the cash and leave these two lovely ladies".

"Oh Madam, mind your own business. This is between us three. Why do you need to poke your nose into other people's problems? These two are very smart. Now I can't trust them. They might be giving me a fake Rs.500, why on the earth otherwise they give me Rs.500 for an Rs.125 ride." said the angry Taxi driver.

Payal, being Khushi's sister couldn't tolerate this more. She took her purse out and threw Rs.125 towards the driver and said, "Here you go. I hope you buy a mansion with the money. I feel sorry for your mother who gave birth to a person like you. Can't you see how embarrassed these two ladies are? Dadi Ji is even looking pale, I know your job is to drive a taxi and you make a living out of it. But sometimes have some empathy. Look at them. Do they look like thieves? Aunty Ji even offered to go and come back with change. You didn't give them an option and expect them to pay you. Shame on people like you".

She quickly grabbed two ladies and walked out from the taxi driver. "Dadi Ji, Aunty Ji, are you two ok? I am apologizing on behalf of him. Some people only think from the money point of view. Please tell me if I can be of any help" asked Payal.

Devi and Manu, both were impressed by this girl standing in front of them. She is beautiful yet simple, cultured, soft-spoken, stand up for injustice, and even helped them without even knowing them. Exactly someone they want their son Akash to get married to.

"We are fine bitiya and thank you for helping us. We usually ask the driver to drop us off. But he had to take the car to the mechanic and we didn't want to trouble my grand sons so we took a taxi." said Devi

"Yes bitiya, I am glad you came and helped us, otherwise I don't know what we are going to do. We both even left our phones at home. Thank you again for helping us. Btw, I am Manu and this is my mother-in-law Devi. What is your name?"

"I am Payal, I live next to that Garage. If you are not in a hurry let's go to your appointment first and then we can go to my house and have some tea. You can even call someone to come and pick you up. I am sure after that incident you both won't feel comfortable taking a taxi. "

Both Devi and Madhu accepted her invitation as that was the best thing they can think of given the situation.

They quickly finished their doctor's appointment and went to Payal's house. Later Akash came to pick them up.

He was taken aback by the beautiful girl who opened the door. He was planning on sending the driver to pick them up but later changed his mind and he was relieved he changed his mind. She had the most innocent eyes he has ever seen and the way she spoke, he can literally stand there for the rest of his life listening to this voice. 

"Come in Mr. Raizada, your Dadi and Mother are inside. Shall I make you some tea?" Asked Payal in a soft voice.

"Hi, my name is Akash, Please call me Akash. Mr. Raizada is my father" Joked Akash and entered the small yet elegant house.

Devi and Manu saw this and they were glad to know they weren't delusional after all.

They said their goodbyes and Devi and Manu left the place taking a mental note to come back again very soon with the proposal. They knew Payal will be the perfect wife for Akash and the way he looked at Payal had given them the green signal.

Payal, on the other hand, was also taken back by this stranger who out of nowhere came and she knew, had stolen her heart at the first glance. The way he spoke to her, the way his eyes roamed around her was magical. She has never felt something like this before.

Khushi hugged her sister lovingly understanding why she made that big issue of getting married before her. She felt so happy knowing no matter what she has her sister by her side protecting her from all the evil. Although she never had a negative vibe about Shyam, she knew she cannot get married to him, or to anyone as a matter of fact because this certain Greek God has captured her in this chamber, and the key to the exit is also with him.

Unaware of the world, two brothers were dreaming about two sisters while the same two sisters were dreaming about the same two brothers. The only difference was one pair knew they were in love, in fact, love at first site, and the other pair didn't know what was happening to them. Was it love, was it hate, was it attraction or was it something else?