Chapter 21

Finally, it is the engagement of Arnav and Khushi. Two souls who were never supposed to cross each other's paths, two souls who are poles apart, are about to be joined for a lifetime.

Anjali was over the moon. Her brother, her Chote is finally getting married to the girl of her dreams. If their mother was alive she would have been the most happiest on the earth.

Raizada's house looked like a new bride. Flowers and fairy lights are everywhere, music is playing in the background and the family is running around making sure they haven't missed anything.

"Good Morning Chote, are you ready?" Anjali entered Arnav's room wearing a beautiful Yellow Saree. She looked lovely thought Arnav.

"Morning Di, give me 5 mins. I am almost done" said Arnav adjusting his Ascot. Anjali always thought her brother looked more handsome in an ascot than in a normal tie.

Arnav wore a dark grey three-piece suit with an off-white shirt along with a dark grey ascot. 

"Hurry Up Chote, we need to be down within 10 mins," saying she left to check on Khushi.

"Omg Khushi, you look gorgeous. I am proud to say that I am your sister." Said Payal looking at Khushi.

"I couldn't agree more Payal Ji" entered Anjali holding a jewelry box. Khushi blushed with all the compliments. She always had issues taking compliments.

"Khushi, please give me your hand." saying that Anjali took Khushi's hand, removed two elegant bangles from the jewelry box, and made her wear them.

"These are my mother's. She always wanted to give them to her daughter-in-law. Before she killed herself, she left these bangles in my room with a note asking me to pass these to her Chote's wife. There is another letter for you Khushi. I have never read it because it is addressed to Chote's wife" Anjali was emotional.

She gave Khushi the box and the letter. Khushi felt bad for Anjali. She is a beautiful human being, with a heart of gold like her brother. How come a person like Shyam cheats on a person like Anjali? Guys would die to have a girl like Anjali in their lives but that Animal.

"Don't be upset Anjali Di. I know how hard it is when you know you can never see your parents but what can we do? We have to live somehow. Please if you ever feel like you need to talk to someone I am always here. Since we both have gone through a similar phase we can be each other's support system" said Khushi hugging Anjali.

"Khushi, I was 20 when our parents killed themselves. But Chote was only 15. So that hit him harder than it hit me. I am glad my Bhabhi is there for me but I would be happier if she could be there for my brother."

Anjali continued with the story.

"Arnav wasn't like this before. He was a very mischievous kid Khushi, always playing pranks and always smiling. But the day our mother killed herself she took Arnav with her. Ever since Chote has become distant, he started masking his emotions, to the world he is this ruthless, arrogant Arnav Singh Raizada but I know my Chote is still there underneath that Mask. It is your duty to remove that mask Khushi. I would love to have my brother back"

Khushi has seen the mischievous side of Arnav lately. That means there is still hope. She might need to try harder but looks like that is not impossible after all.

"I promise you Anjali Di, I will do everything in my power to ease up the burden from Arnav Ji"

What Anjali didn't know was Khushi too had her own fights to fight.

"I will go and see if anything is missing. Please come down soon as possible as we have few minutes left till the auspicious time" said Anjali leaving the room.