Teddy Bear Tea Parties ~ Kanato Sakamaki III

Child!Kanato Sakamaki x Child!Reader

Kanato's gentle purple eyes darted around the corridor, making sure that everyone was asleep as he tip-toed around. His arms were curled around his beloved Teddy, whom at this point, was not destroyed in any way. Kanato bit his bottom lip, looking at the brightly lit door as he rushed quietly towards the escape awaiting him. The warm metal of the handle made him shift uncomfortably as he opened the door, for Kanato's skin was as cold and lifeless as the dead. The humid breeze blew against his hair, covering his matching eyes and blocking his vision. The small child ran out into the open, far into the garden of many roses, all different in color. Knowing the house's layout from the back of his hand, Kanato did not require vision to find the meeting spot the two of you had agreed upon. The small vampire had finally become irritated with the strands of hair poking his eyelids constantly as he ran. Kanato whipped his head up only to see the dazzling sun. The child hissed painfully, rubbing his eyes as he attempted to sooth the burn. The feeling of hurt went away slowly yet surely. Kanato blinked away tears and looked around himself, observing where he had evidently run off to. The bushes looked close to what the agreed meeting place was, so he figured only a few more corners until he found it.

There you lay, obviously tired from sneaking out of your house in the early morning. You seemed to be sleeping peacefully, something that Kanato found himself staring at you for the longest time before setting Teddy down near your own stuffed teddy bear. The purple haired boy walked to you on his hands and knees, pushing you gently, trying to wake you up. "(Name)!" He whispered in a tone that almost seemed like he was yelling at you. Shifting slightly, you moaned in annoyance. You had fallen back asleep, leaving only a sharp vampirical tooth poking out of your mouth. "Wake up, we have to play!"

After constant shoving, you finally got up. Somehow your hair stayed clean and properly done as you slept, much to your joy. You rubbed the sleepiness from your (Eye Color)ed eyes and smiled widely at Kanato. "Sorry for falling asleep!" Kanato nodded to you, as if he was saying "Don't worry about it." You looked at your Teddy bear, named (Teddy's Name). Teddy and (Teddy's Name) looked like they were also sleeping, so you had giggled at the sight. "We should wake up Teddy and (Teddy's Name)."

Kanato ran over, grabbing his plush toy, and getting yours as well, handing it to you. Normally, you would never allow someone to hold (Teddy's Name), but Kanato was a special friend of yours. The respective male sat down in front of you, turning his head to the wooden basket he did not notice before now. "What's that?" He questioned. "I thought you weren't bringing any food."

You blushed in embarrassment and shrugged. "But I did..." You stayed silent until a brilliant idea - at least for this playdate - "Why don't we have a tea party?"

Kanato seemed to enjoy the idea of a tea party as he opened your wooden woven basket, revealing an almost heavenly glow of sweets and other fine treats stacked in a neat pile. A tea set complete with a bottle of water and a pile of tea bags lay on the right of all the sweets. Your delicate fingers grabbed the nicely decorated (Favorite Color) tea set, as Kanato took out the various foods, spreading them out on the "fancy" paper plates. The purplette smiled happily, as this was a very rare occasion; tea parties aren't accepted between his family, making it difficult to show this girlier side of Kanato.

You had finished with the cold tea, but with the heat outside, the drink could only refresh you two. "Kanato..." You held out the cup for him, which the young boy gladly took. You placed two separate cups of tea in front of the stuffed animals, saying each name respectively. Kanato smiled happily, and the two of you started chatting up a storm, enjoying each other's company until the beauty of dusk calls them apart to play their roles as vampires.