Chapter 27

"She's not going to be at graduation!" shrieked Larissa as the three girls sat in Starbucks after school.

"Can she even walk?" Ryley asked. "We messed her up pretty bad."

The three of them all shared looks, as though they were expecting the others to know.

"It doesn't matter!" Larissa growled. "I wanted one more really good beatdown!"

"I said before, you could always get her at home," Cindy suggested. "Do you know where she lives?"

"I thought your mom said her guardian was tough though!" Ryley reminded Larissa, who seemed to be considering it.

"We could just burn the house down," Cindy pointed out. "We wouldn't have to deal with going inside."

Ryley say back in her chair, just shaking her head. "No way. If you go that far I'm out. Not even considering that it's potential murder, there have been way too many fires in California over the last few years."

"Since when do you care?" Larissa asked, glaring at Ryley.

"Hey, we're already in danger of being busted for attempted murder or something if she ever squealed on us!" Ryley retorted in a low hiss. She didn't need the other girls getting too loud.

"She hasn't squealed yet, why would she do it now?" Cindy countered.

"If we burn her house down, the damned guardian would do it on her own. How would we claim self defense if we drove to her house while she slept?" Ryley couldn't believe how bad these girls wanted to continue this. All she hoped was one day to apologize and beg for forgiveness. Bullies can reform and maybe date their victims, right? It happens in books all the time!

Larissa deflated a little at that. "Okay. Fine."

"What if we find her house, and then follow her?" Cindy asked. "Then we can beat her up at the supermarket or something?"

"You're on your own if you do that," Ryley stated. "This has always been here at school, but if you start taking this out into public, then you're going to get busted. Almost everywhere has security cameras these days. I want nothing to do with that, I need to go to college."

"Ryley, what the fuck?" snarled Cindy. "Why are you so soft now?"

"Because we did enough!" More than enough in her mind. Much too much, and it was making her sick. "What happens if she goes to college with you, are you going to go back to your stuff there too?"

"Damn right I will!" Larissa snarled. "She'd going to have to leave the state to get away from me!"

"We'll chase her out of the country!" Cindy agreed.

"And what if she gets you alone?" Ryley asked. "Or just the two of you? Because you know she can take either one of you, or both of you."

"But that's why we're the three amigos!" Cindy put her fist out for a bump, which Larissa happily pounded.

"It isn't going to work anymore," Ryley said with a sigh. "We're pretty much out of high school. We graduate in two weeks and prom is this weekend. We need to figure out what we're going to do with the rest of our life and beating up on Nai'a isn't going to be part of my job description."

"What the fuck Ryley? You're backing out on us?" Larissa asked.

"I'm just saying, after high school, I'm going to concentrate on moving forward. I'm leaving high school behind," she replied. "If you want to keep going after her, sooner or later I think you're going to get in trouble."

"That sounds pretty boring!" Cindy commented. "I always looked forward to beating on her!"

"Whatever. It doesn't matter. We have to look fabulous for prom and then we'll graduate, party our asses off, and then work on our tans all summer, so we go to college as the hottest freshmen bitches around!" Larissa flipped her hair back with a self-satisfied smirk.