Part 31

Ahhhh! It's the last chapter!!!! (which means you should vote for it!) I hope you enjoy it...This wasn't how I was orignially going to end it but, well, you'll see...

(About) Two Years Later 

Ana’s POV

“Anabel Lee Rogers!”

 I walked up the stairs to receive my graduation certificate and shake hands with the principal of Huntington High School. This was it, this was the day I had dreamed of since freshman year, day one of high school; Graduation Day.

My hands felt hot and sticky as I stepped onto the stage; I was surprisingly nervous. I could hear Patrick and  Amber’s wild cheers above the crowd’s applause. This whole thing felt unreal, like I was going to wake up back in the past and have to go through high school all over again.

I shook hands with the principal, received my little graduation plaque and certificate, and posed for the picture. Flash!

And there, I had graduated high school. I was free, free to do whatever the hell I wanted to do.

I waited patiently for all the other names to be called, before the principal made one last speech.

“Thank you for coming today and sharing this moment with me and the rest of the graduating class of 2011. I am honored to have had all of you as students at Huntington High, and I wish you all good luck with your futures!” And off came our graduation caps, all flung into the air with one motion.

 Patrick, Charlie, and Amber all ran up to me and we had our last group hug. Amber was crying her eyes out, Charlie’s eyes were moist, and even Patrick had the sniffles.

“I’m going to miss you guys so much!” Amber wailed. We were all splitting up. Well, most of us were, anyway. Amber was going to UCLA and Patrick and Charlie (who were still dating and strong as ever) were both going to UCSD. Byron, now Amber’s boyfriend, was going to USC on a football scholarship.

“Good bye Charlie, Patrick.” I gave them both a hug. “Good bye Amber. I love you so much, and I will never, ever forget you, best friend!” We hugged, and she sobbed into my shoulder.

 My dad and Marissa, who was 3 months pregnant, both came up to me. Marissa gave me a bug hug goodbye, while my father, never very eloquent with his words, just mumbled

“Bye, Anabel.”

 Behind them, Rowland came up to say good bye. I hadn’t expected him to come to my graduation; I hadn’t seen him for a while, almost two years, actually. He looked the same as always; gorgeous, but maybe a little tired.

“Congratulations, Ana.” He said with a small smile. His eyes looked alomst sad.

“Thanks, Rowland.” We stood awkwardly for a moment before I stepped over and hugged him.

“Don’t do anything stupid.” He whispered in my ear.

“Define stupid.” He chuckled, and we stepped apart again. “Good bye, Rowland.” He just gave me a little nod and walked away.

 I left the crowd of people, some cheering, some crying, and went to the bathroom to change out of my graduation gown. I went back to my dad and gave the gown to him asking him to keep it safe for me, before walking to the street and calling for a cab.

“Where you headed, Miss?” The balding cab driver asked me gruffly as I made myself comfortable in the backseat.

“The airport, please.” My voice shook a little, betraying my nervousness. My heart was racing in my chest.

 The driver nodded and pulled away from the curb and sped onto the highway, which was surprisingly quiet for a Saturday afternoon.

I reached into my jean’s pocket, searching for something, and when I found it I pulled it out and examined it again, something I had done over and over again during the graduation ceremony.

In my purse was everything I needed; my ID, some money, my acceptance letter to Western Australian Academy Of Performing Arts, and Lewis's address.

And in my hand was the ticket to my new life.

My plane ticket.

My plane ticket to Australia.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ta da!!!! I hope you guys liked the ending...She's off to Australia to go to college and maybe get back with Lewis! Or, if you didn't like Lewis, then she's just off to college in Australia. You get to decide.

Writing this for all of you has been a great experience and I hope you will continue to read my other stories ("Our Seven Deadly Sins" and "Dear Diary, it's Marilyn").

Thank you sooooo much!

Until next time,

LuckyDay/Jay