Part 4

Ana’s POV

I was swimming, swimming, swimming through the ocean. The ocean was never-ending, and I was growing tired. There was something heavy around my neck. What was it? I tried to take it off. It was my camera! It was going to be ruined from water damage! But no, it was still working, wasn’t it? There was a picture on the screen. What was the picture of? Oh, Lewis. I tried looking at different pictures, but it wouldn’t change. It was only Lewis. I started going underwater, but I had to switch the picture. Why couldn’t I? I was dying, I needed air, but I HAD to change the picture! I started choking, this was it, I was—

“Wake up! Ana, WAKE UP!” Somebody was shaking me.

“Who-?” I didn’t want to open my eyes.

“It’s Amber! Come on, wake up. It’s already lunchtime.”

“Seriously, go make me a sandwich, woman!” That was Patrick. I heard Amber hit him.

“Stick with being gay, Pat!”

I sat up and rubbed my eyes. Yep, there they were, in my room. How did they-

“The door was unlocked.” Amber shrugged, reading my mind. “After your date you never called either of us, so we got worried.”

“Worried? Why would you be worried about me?” I was confused now. Amber flipped her long, blonde hair and looked at me strangely.

“Well, you were with that guy and it’s not like we know him very well. Jeeze, Ana, I don’t even know his name! He could be some complete psycho for all we know!”

“What are you talking about?” This was making me mad. Didn’t they trust my judgment? “It’s just Lewis. He’s not some creepy killer or anything.”

“How do you know he’s not? You don’t even know his last name! Maybe he moved here because he had to flee his country or something!!”

“Look,” Patrick cut in. “What Amber is trying to say is, we can’t trust the guy yet. You’re the only one of us who has even met him, and I’m assuming you kissed him, or want to kiss him, based on what you said in your sleep,” I talk in my sleep? “I mean, babe, do you even know how old the guy is? He’s obviously not in high school, that’s for sure, and what would an older man want with a 16 year old girl?”

“I-I never told him my age…” Oh god, they had a point, but did they really have to talk to me about this as soon as I woke up? They could have at least given me a warning before they got all over-protective of me.

Amber just shook her head.

“Look hun,” Patrick continued. “This is the first guy to ask you on a date and, believe me, I’m happy for you, but maybe you should, I don’t know, slow it down? Y’know, get to know each other a little better before you go sticking your tongue down his throat.” He grinned at me. Typical Patrick.

“Ok, ok, I get it. I’ll just go on a coffee date or something with him, talk to him, no action, no fun. Happy?” They both brightened at this. I shouldn’t have gotten angry, they were just trying to be good friends and look out for me. I had already guessed Lewis was 18 or 19, although I wasn’t sure. I figured he thought I was the same age as him anyway. Pat looked at me.

“So speaking of coffee, when were you going to offer to make us some?”

“Moochers.” I muttered as I followed them out of my room and down the stairs.

“I can’t believe you read this junk, Ana! I mean, come on, it’s just a bunch of sluts writing about how to be even sluttier!” Amber was looking through my Cosmo magazines and insulting my tastes, again. I gave her a dirty look, but she ignored it. “Why do you even get this magazine? It’s not like you’re having sex or anything. You don’t need to know how to “control your man’s orgasm” do you?” Patrick grabbed the magazine from her hands.