Part 19

• Dedicated to My best friend, who is sick. Feel better soon!

Ana’s POV

“I guess we do need to talk, but if you’re going to yell at me, at least let me sit down and get comfortable.”

I made my way over to one of the desks and hopped on top of it. I crossed my legs as an afterthought; the skirts of our uniforms were pretty short, after all. “Have at it.”

“I’m not going to yell at you. I just—I’ve thought about things. You need to know where I’m coming from. When I was 20, I was in a serious relationship this girl, Cara. We had just moved in together and I had just gotten a job teaching art at a college. Everything was going great, I loved her, and I really thought we were going to get married and live happily ever after. Then Rowland came along and ruined everything. He met Cara and they became friends and I thought nothing of it. Rowland would flirt with her, just joking around, or at least I thought he was joking around. One night I came home after work to find them up against a wall. I don’t think I need to tell you all the details. My point is, Cara didn’t care that I saw, she knowingly cheated on me and broke my heart. You, on the other hand, did not know, and you felt guilty for it. That’s the difference between you and Cara. What Cara and I had was just lust, what you and I have, well, my feelings for you far exceed that of just lust.” Was he saying he loves me? “Do you see what I mean?”

“I’m so sorry! I just put you through all this again, when your heart was already broken! I never meant to hurt you, I thought it was you, I never realized—“

“What you and Rowland did, well, I hope that was just physical. Our relationship is far more than that.” He stood up and slowly walked towards me.

“I’m sorry though, I can’t believe I did that, and it will never, ever—“He grabbed my waist, interrupting my apologies, my thoughts. I forgot to breathe. He rested his forehead against mine, looking into my eyes, and whispered,

“I love you, Ana.” Before he kissed me. His lips caressed mine tentatively, as if he wasn’t sure I wanted this. I deepened the kiss, pulling him closer and wrapping my arms around his neck. Through the kiss I could feel him smiling. He removed his lips from mine, and I thought he was going to stop, so I began to protest, “No—ahh.” He wasn’t stopping, merely moving his lips down to my neck. He began to brush his lips across my collarbone. The sensation was indescribable. Where Rowland was rough and provocative, Lewis was tender and loving. After a few moments, I brought his lips back to mine and somehow throughout this makeout session, we had ended up in the supply closet with only 15 minutes till 4th period. A time well spent, in my opinion.

I gently pushed him back and began throwing on my clothes. “We only have 15 minutes till class starts.” He was staring at me, and I stopped what I was doing.

“What?”

“Just admiring what’s mine, that’s all.” He smirked at me. I picked up his shirt and threw it at him.

“Get ready for class, Mr. Fairbanks. You’re going to be late.”

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“You guys did what?”

“In a supply closet???”

Pat and Amber stared at me, open-mouthed.

“Yup!”

“Isn’t that a little…uncomfortable?” Patrick asked me. I shook my head.

“It was…great, wonderful, amazing, indescribable!”