Part 21

Ana’s POV

Diary Entry – 11/11

Dear Diary,

I was planning on making a wish at 11:11am this morning, but when the time came, I couldn’t think of anything to wish for, because I already have it. I have the sweetest, most loving, and don’t forget the hottest man in the world, Lewis <3. I have the best friends I could ever ask for, and I’m completely and utterly happy, so what more could I possibly ask for? I hadn’t been happy for a while because of the Rowland-incident, but he apologized and we’re friends again. He even took me roller skating yesterday. It was actually fun, but I wish Amber, Patrick, and especially Lewis had been there. After we had exhausted ourselves, Rowland took me to get ice cream at the little ice cream parlor around the corner from my house. When we paid for our ice cream, the server, an old, grandfatherly looking man, asked Rowland if he “wanted a napkin for his girlfriend”. Rowland didn’t correct the man’s mistake and it made me feel really guilty, like I was doing something bad. Was I, Diary? I thought I was just making nice with my boyfriend’s brother and we’re just friends, but maybe that’s not what Rowland sees it as. To be on the safe side, I think I’ll stay away from him for a while, though. I’ll be sure to devote more time to Lewis, instead.

Well, that helped clear my thoughts! I’m going out to lunch with Amber, (we’re going to spy on Patrick’s lunch date with Charlie!), so it’s time to stop writing, I think.

Until next time,

Ana

Lewis’s POV

Let’s see… cheddar, milk, flour… I mentally ticked off the items from my grocery list. I knew nobody used grocery lists anymore, but if I didn’t I’d always forget to buy something.

I scanned the list to see if I had missed anything. Nope! All good to go. I walked to one of the check-out lines to wait my turn, whistling care-freely. I think I’ll call Ana when I get home, just to hear her voice! I decided. Two more customers till my turn.

“Mr. Fairbanks?” Oh no…

“Luanne, Hi!” I turned to face her, putting on a smile for her benefit. God, this girl was following me; all around school she’d pop out of nowhere and start up a conversation with me. It sounds like she’s just being friendly, but trust me, hearing “Mr. Fairbanks! Wait up!” every minute of every hour of every day at school really got on my nerves. And now she was following me outside of school, wonderful! She was popular, didn’t she have some friends to go out with?

“So, doing your grocery shopping?” She asked me.

“Yep.” I popped the “P”, something I do when I get nervous or impatient. She didn’t notice.

“So, I need, like, some help with school stuff, and I was wondering if you could tutor me?” She smiled up at me innocently. “I mean, you are on the list of teachers who tutor students, you know, the list in the office?” She prompted when I looked confused. “Anyway, I don’t, like, have a 6th period and I know you don’t have a class then either, so could I, like, come in then?” I groaned inwardly. That was my ‘Ana-Time’. But I guess if I was on the tutoring list, I couldn’t exactly refuse a student.

“Sure, come in then.” She squealed with delight.

“Yay! See you tomorrow, Mr. Fairbanks. Can I call you Lewis? That is, like, your name right?” She batted her eyelashes at me. Just kill me, it would be less painful!