Part 24

Lewis’s POV

Luanne came to see me in the morning, wearing her skirt too short and her shirt buttoned a little lower than I was comfortable with. Her face was caked with makeup and she put on a huge “winning” smile when she saw me.

“Lewis! Can I spend 0 period with you in your class?”

“Please call me Mr. Fairbanks, not Lewis, and I don’t know about that…” she brushed that off, instead insisting on coming up with me to my class. Something had to be done about this girl.

“Please have a seat, Luanne. We have to talk.” She sat down immediately, surprising me. Normally she wouldn’t have listened to me.

“Whatcha want to talk about, Lewis?” She asked perkily. I sighed heavily.

“Luanne, I don’t think this tutoring business is a good idea if you can’t stop…you know…acting inappropriately around me.”

“Inappropriately?” She asked innocently, eyes wide. I noticed her hand pulling up her skirt a little bit more.

“Like all the suggestive comments, and unbuttoning your shirt, and flirting. It has to stop, or our tutoring sessions have to stop. It’s up to you.”

“But why do you want it to stop?” She stood up and walked over to me slowly, trying to be seductive I guessed. “Don’t you want to have a little…fun?” She whispered the last word in my ear, and I pushed her away as gently as possible.

“No, I don’t. Our tutoring sessions are over, Luanne. Don’t come back.”

“Why are you doing this?” She screeched, suddenly furious. “Isn’t it, like, every guy’s dream to have sex with a school girl? What is wrong with you?”

“Please get out, Luanne.”She glared at me another moment before stomping out, slamming the door closed behind her. I sat down and ran my fingers through my hair. That was just plain awful!

Ana’s POV

“When is he going to be back?” I complained for the 50th time. Amber rolled her eyes, making Byron snigger.

Amber and I were waiting for Patrick at his house. He was supposed to come home from detention 30 minutes ago, but I was the only one who really minded Patrick’s lateness. Amber was too busy flirting with Byron to care, so I was pretty much left out of the conversation, even though Amber occasionally tried to include me.

“Yeah, Italian food is my favorite too! Ana, what’s your favorite type of food?” I knew she knew already, but I answered anyway.

“Thai.”

“Oh… I’ve never had that.” Byron stated, before turning back to Amber and talking to her enthusiastically about who-knows-what.

“He better hurry up! We’re going to miss the movie.” I muttered darkly. Patrick was usually very punctual. This wasn’t like him at all.

I tried to tune out the conversation around me by replaying the memory of leaving Rowland behind in the car yesterday. He had looked so sad, so pathetic, like a dog that’s owner dumped it on a street corner. At the time I had felt nothing, but later, trying to sleep in my bed was when I felt the guilt. He was wrong, I didn’t have feelings for him, at least not the kind of feelings he wanted me to have. I just wanted to be friends, but I suppose you can only really be friends with a gay guy, because every other guy would consider sleeping with you.

Thinking of gay guys reminded me of Patrick, and just when I was about to whine about him being late, I heard the front door open.

In came Patrick, head down and—limping?