3 ~ familiar

Irvin’s POV

Irvin’s POV

“Sir,” my assistant Penelope called, and I hesitantly looked up.

She stood at the mouth of the door with a scowl on her face. I didn’t blame her, she was here on my demand because it was a Saturday but she couldn’t complain. I was going to pay for the extra time and stress.

“Yes?” I urged her to speak. I was busy as it was and every second of my time wasn’t to be wasted.

“Your sister keeps calling. She said something about checking up on the boutique.” She informed and my eyes widened. I completely forgot.

“Shit.” I cursed and closed the lid of my laptop. “Thank you.” I got up and began to pack my bags.

Five minutes after I was getting into my car and hurriedly starting up the engine. My phone started ringing and I quickly fished it out of my pants pocket. My sister was calling so I answered the call.

“Hey sis, I’m so sorry. I’m headed to the mall now.” I put on my seat belt and changed the gear to reverse.

“I’ve told you, burying yourself in work isn’t going to help you.” Delilah said with her usual tone of disapproval in her voice. “You should invest some of your time in finding a wife.”

I rolled my eyes at her comment. She was my younger sister who was already married at the age of twenty five and she never failed to point out that I should be married already. I was just twenty eight yet she made it sound like I was in my mid-thirties.

“Noted.” I sped out of the underground parking lot, squinting when my eyes found it hard to adjust to the new rays of light. “I’ll call you when I’m done at the mall.”

“Alright.” Delilah hung up.

My mother’s birthday was tomorrow and as the oldest and only male child, my siblings and father made it my job to purchase my mother’s birthday gift. Almost everything was ready but being in charge meant I had to supervise a lot of things myself. I was lucky to have a sister like Delilah who called to remind me because she knew I could forget.

It was my mother’s sixtieth birthday meaning she was retiring from public service. So everyone was making it a big affair. The party was going to be a big one and her gift was equally big. Mum always wanted to own a boutique so we arranged for one for her.

When I arrived at the mall, I parked my car beside a gold Lexus and rushed into the mall. On my way to the boutique I ran into someone.

“Sorry.” The lady and I said at the same time. She didn’t spare me a glance as she walked in the opposite direction. She looked oddly familiar so I took another moment to look at her. She was dark skinned, not too tall, my guess was 5’5. Her long black wig fell in waves on her back, the tip tinted a light brown. I watched her movement, the gentle sway of her hips as she walked. I forced myself to look away from her ass. She was curvy, her jeans and baby pink top, doing nothing to hide those curves.