Chap 16. You Are My Mate

Zale moaned as he infiltrated his tongue into a too-familiar territory, where the immense heat attempted to melt it. He struggles for breath, but he isn't ready to let go of their tightly clasped lips. The heartbeat radiating from Soren's hand resting on Zale's hips was stimulating enough to send his every nerve tingling. Soren brutally squeezed his hips, eliciting a desperate whimper from his master.

Soren let out a satisfied hum as his heart filled with ecstasy at Zale's every shattered grunt who kept crying to savour more taste of his mate's mouth. Soren cocked his head and scratched his mouth open, allowing Zale's wet and hot tongue to seep deeper. He shuddered uncontrollably, feeling more aroused than ever before, and he was so hot that the air conditioner in the room couldn't cool down his overwhelming desire for Zale.

Soren abruptly and resistingly drew back, stunned by Zale's disheveled expression, who groaned in annoyance at the loss of Soren's lips on his. Soren heaved as he gazed at the drunk on lust, hazel eyes half closed and filled with passion, staring back at him, ready to beg. His gaze darted down to Zale's red and swollen lips, which matched his, and he gave them a peck.

"You still haven't told me what kind of reward you want from me?"

Zale was taken aback by his boldness, but gulped as he found Soren thousands of times more appealing. He couldn't tell if it was a dream or reality because he never imagined he'd be able to kiss Soren, his mate, pet, caregiver, or whatever the hell he is to him, like this. If this is a dream, he never wanted to wake up and spend the rest of his life with Soren in this dream.

He was dying to respond to Soren. To tell him what he desired from him, he wanted to open his heart and tell him how ravishing and appealing Soren appeared to him right now and how he wants nothing more than to wrap him in his arms and devour him, fuck him all night.

However, he was unable to do so. He needs to take care of something that cannot be postponed. Soren had obviously not noticed or suspected anything, but before he becomes suspicious, he needs to dispose of the maid's body in some way.

"I want but not today," Zale whispered, caressing Soren's lower lip and making him frown in confusion. "You must be tired, you should rest today."

Soren's chest started to sting, and his face fell. Zale was unable to ignore his irate expression as he struggled to decide whether to be happy that Soren wanted him too or sad that he would have to put off receiving the reward for all of his hard work throughout the day. It's unfortunate that things ended up being so ambiguous.

He could easily lie to Soren and take advantage of him, but he has vowed never to do that again. He will never act in a way that would disappoint Soren. Although killing the maid wasn't on the list, old habits die hard.

He will be unable to face himself and his list of regrets will grow longer if he now takes advantage of Soren and succumbs to his own temptation.

"You don't want to, do you?" Soren enquired in a low, melancholy voice.

“No! No,” Their already close bodies grew even closer as Zale hurried and cupped Soren's face in his icy hands. "Please don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't want. I'm dying to believe me."

The sudden knock on the door made them both jump. Zale turned to look at the door, but Soren continued to look at him with a dejected expression.

"Are you in there, Soren?" It was Frank. As Soren released their interconnected bodies, Zale rolled his eyes.

“Sor-” When Zale turned to face Soren, he was already moving toward the door and appeared to be bitter. When Soren opens the door, he was met by a perplexed Frank.