Chap 11. Memories

Hah! This exhausts me.

Not edited, I don't wanna read it again cause I'm lazy.

____________________________

Some peeking into the past.

Soren pov:

When Soren was three years old.

I hid my face into uncle Stephen's neck as he kept on running while holding me tightly in his arms. We are running from the bad wolves that are following us. Uncle Stephen said they wanted to take me away and kill me just like they killed my mommy and daddy. 

Whenever I think about them or miss them my chest always hurts so I decided to never think about them.

Uncle Stephen was so tired after running so long that he was breathing heavily, I can feel his fast heartbeat. 

He said that we are going somewhere safe and that he'd not let the mean wolves take me from him. 

He growled when he looked back at the wolves and ran even faster. 

After some time, I don't know how long it has been, but when I looked up from my hiding face in his chest he was walking this time. I looked around and there were so many houses here just like when I lived with mom and dad. 

"Hey buddy, you alright." I tucked my chin up and he was smiling at me but I know he doesn't want to smile right now.

"Yes," So I lied because he wasn't fine too right now. Dad used to say that you are fine if you are happy and I'm not happy right now. Uncle Stephen is not happy right now. I don't feel the happy feeling in my chest that I used to feel when I was with my mom when she played with me or when dad took me at night running in his tiger form. 

They promised to always be with me but they lied, they gave me to uncle Stephen and now he's also sad because of me. He always keeps me hiding in his house but last night some wolves came to take me and uncle Stephen fought them. He was so strong and he beat them badly but he was one and they were so many so we had to run from there.

"Kiddo I have to talk to you, are you able to talk right now?" Uncle asked and stopped walking. His face was all sweaty and dirty, the only thing that was clean on his face was his eyes. I nodded and he bent down and my feet touched the solid road. 

He bent down on his knees too but still was taller than me. He looked around but all there were houses. 

He looked at me, "Soren you have to listen to me carefully we don't have much time left, okay?" He said and he looked nervous. 

"You are a brave boy, right?" He asked and I shook my head. I felt the same pain in my chest, I felt when for the first time uncle Stephen announced the news of my parent's death to me. For some time I didn't understand it and wasn't able to let out even a little voice from my mouth. But uncle Stephen hugs me tightly and picks me up in his warm embrace where I cried for the whole night.

These are the same words my father asked me when he gave me away, and now uncle Stephen was asking the same. I'm not brave, I'm scared and nervous. 

"No," I denied. 

"Soren, kiddo listen to me, relax and take deep breaths because the next thing I'm about to tell you, I'm sure you are not going to like it," Uncle said and I shook my head continuously, my eyes teared up. 

"NO!" I let out to him. 

"Soren don't cry, I have to save you, it was my last promise to your father." He chides and points at the big house, it was so big. "Look at it."