Chap 13. Deal Of Rewards

Soren ran towards his room in long strides, face burning red and with a racing heart, he completely ignored the desperate voices behind him. 

It was both embarrassing and awkward for him to flee from Zale as if the kiss had happened against his will. When he was completely sober, he equally participated in the sinful act of kissing his master, despite the fact that he was supposed to be the rational one among them and should have backed off at some point.

Soren was unable to control his panting or the overactive nerves that were driving him insane.

Soren was unable to control his panting or the overpowering excitement in his nerves that was driving him crazy. He was reminded of what he had done by the taunting numbness of guilt on his lips. He makes a concerted effort to stop thinking about the scene on the terrace, but it keeps on playing over and over in his head.

But the real issue wasn't that he wanted to forget about it or never think about it again, but rather the excitement that made his heart race just thinking about kissing Zale.

He couldn't figure out where he'd gone wrong. Why does Zale behave in this manner? Was it connected to Soren? Soren recalls all those times they've been together, and he's certain Zale has always shown interest in him, so it could not just be the heat of the moment, no? He remembered all those times, and Zale has been obsessed with him since he met him, and he would murder anyone before sharing him with anyone else, and Soren is well aware of this.

Did he like him in that way or in any way because, according to Soren, Zale has always made him realise how much he despises his guts and that the only reason he's linked to him and kept with him is because of his scent? But Soren could always feel the untold feelings of him that he was afraid to show. 

Zale was always overbearingly clingy to him, and always gives the impression that he likes him. Perhaps Soren was always too busy to notice them. He pondered whether he had ever found Zale giving him any hints, but all he got was a chill because of how openly Zale is nowadays with showing his feelings. 

Then he thought about himself, about how he felt about Zale. Whether he ever saw Zale as more than his master, whom he'd always obeyed. 

Of course, he had always appreciated his beauty from afar and discovered that naive and dense aspect of him that everyone had overlooked in favour of the strange names and labels he had been assigned. 

He determines after much puzzlement and questioning that they never have time to think about such things. He was always so busy between handling both father and son that he barely got any time to gather his emotions. 

Then why does he did it, why kissing of all the other things? And why in the devil's name didn't he stop and push Zale away?

The answer was clear, and he wasn't scared to admit that he enjoyed it, he enjoyed its very second. That if he hadn't held his desire back against his will and Zale had pulled him into another passionate kiss that instantly made him forget his surroundings, he would've welcomed it without hesitation.

Soren didn't want to answer any of the unanswered questions just yet.

He was eager to see Zale's reaction to the kiss because he was the one who had initiated it. He didn't get to witness it, though, because he fled in fear and managed to hide in his room.

He plopped on the bed and digs his face in his hands. 

“Soren!!’

Hearing the voice that was overbearing with the desperation and was loud enough to wake up the entire mansion, Soren abruptly perked up in nervousness. The butterflies started to dance again in his stomach at Zale’s voice and he couldn't understand why it was happening all of sudden. It never happened before and he has practically heard Zale’s voice everyday in his whole life.