Chap 20. Gentleness

Everyone requires someone who is capable of dealing with their darker sides.

And Soren appeared to be a pro at dealing with Zale's both positive and negative sides.

It has been a few moments since Soren has calmed down a little. His sobbing ceased and was replaced by a few sporadic sniffles.

Soren was still seeking comfort in Zale's embrace, and Zale was still clutching him awkwardly, allowing Soren's tear-streaked crimson face to nuzzle into his shoulder.

After putting Soren at ease, Zale was supposed to send him into his own room. But now he's at a loss for what to do because Soren was snuggling into him and didn't seem to want to get off him any time soon.

In any case, Zale didn't appear to be complaining. If anything he was more than optimistic with Soren behaving like this. He wanted to talk and ask Soren about the mates things or whether he accepts him or not but he was so scared.

Soren had always demonstrated a sophisticated and dependable side that could be relied on. He's the person of his morals and ethics, and Zale has always found this side of him more ravishing than anything else.

However, he couldn't deny that he didn't consider his current situation to be any less desirable. Zale had always thought Soren was the strongest person he'd ever seen or met, and he was convinced that Soren could never behave like this. He couldn't belive that Soren could also be weak and cry.

Soren's vulnerability and clinginess towards him now was a huge shock to him right now. But he wasn't complaining though, he was more than contended that Soren isn't trying to fake bravery for his sake even at his worse.

Zale concluded that he had recently discovered many new aspects of Soren's personality and emotions that he found admirable. He takes a long, sharp whiff of the wild scent that was drifting from Soren, directly assaulting his senses and rewarding him with ecstasy.

Soren drew back reluctantly and gently, missing Zale's coldness. Zale blinked, his hands still protectively resting on Soren's arms.

"How are you feeling now?" he stared directly at Soren's face.

Soren appeared to be in a state of conflict and confusion, unable to put his thoughts together.

Still, he nods and says, "Fine."

His previous crying outburst had left a rasp in his voice.

Zale sighs helplessly, he notices that Soren was lying but he doesn't force it further. Incapable, Zale gawks at Soren’s Vulnerability, his puffy eyes with still wet eyelashes, the nose whose tip scrunches up whenever he sniffs, his rosy lips that were about to ooze blood from how much he’d chewed on them, they're slightly pulled out to restrain himself from more crying almost creating a pout.

Zale stared at him in astonishment, gulping his amazement as he let go of Soren’s arm. 

He rises up from the bed and Soren's captive moist gaze follows his every action in surprise. Zale stands on the floor and turns to Soren. 

Soren couldn't understand anything, so he frowned puzzledly when Zale extended his hand in front of him. Soren had to peep up because he was still on the bed and couldn't face Zale.

"Come on," Zale pleaded desperately as he noticed Soren making no attempt to take his hand. "I'll take you somewhere fantastic. It'll give you a boost."

"Where?" Soren asked, his eyes narrowed in suspicious.

Zale’s eyes darted towards his lips whenever he spoke. He let out an exaggerated sigh.