Chap 14. Try To Be Brave

Something happened.

Last night, something happened that turned Soren's night into a sleepless night, and he didn't get an ounce of sleep. He blinked at the ceiling the entire night, thinking over and over again, stunned by Zale's proposal.

The mere thought of Zale's proposal sends shivers down his spine and left his heart with so many questions.

Soren, on the other hand, is not that dim to not understand why Zale offered him the deal. He has a meek understanding of what the snobbish wolf is up to. But the boldness with which he approached Soren with his words and actions left him speechless. He could never have imagined Zale being this way. Something has changed about him, and he is no longer the Zale that Soren is used to.

But to say he wasn't excited to find out what Zale wanted as his reward by the end of the day would be an understatement. He was so eager that it frightened him.

In the car, Soren drives himself and Avalon to the Registration house silently. His face appeared indifferent but his heart was still distracted by the thoughts of Zale. 

He keeps making himself believe that it's just a few hours until he'll meet him again and that he'll be fine on his own in that time. 

Nevertheless, he was still distressed about living him alone. Zale is his responsibility to keep safe, including everyone near him. Everyone feels safe as long as he is with Soren, because only he could keep him in check and Zale only obeys him.

Soren's lone goal and motive in life are to provide Zale a happy and normal life that he was never able to live. He had made this his sole goal in life. Soren doesn't need anything as long as Zale can live a normal and decent life.

"Hey, hey hey..., man get out of your fairy land. I've been calling your name for a while now. Don't daydream while driving dude, otherwise you'll crash us both and I don't wanna die before getting my pendant back. " Avalon rambled, snapping Soren back to reality. 

"Shut up with your crap or I'll seriously crash us." Soren chuckled without any humour. “And you are a vampire so you can't die.” 

“Oh yeah, thanks for reminding me.” The vampire sarcastically rolled his eyes. “By the way, What exactly are you thinking so deeply?”

“Nothing, just random thoughts,” Soren let out.

“It's alright man if you don't wanna talk about it.” Avalon said, looking outside the window. “Though, I have a rough guess that you are thinking about Zale. Don't worry he can survive without you if you have given him the medicine.”

Soren let out a sigh, he wished that it could be the case but unfortunately he didn't feel any assurance from his words. 

“The meds aren't working on him,” Soren said. 

"Yeah, I saw that when I first entered the house," Avalon said, his brow drawn together as he faced Soren. "I'm surprised, though, because Shilister told me Zale is doing better than before."

"That's because I lied to him; otherwise, he'll keep doing his Bullshit," Soren explained, his gaze fixed on the road.

"I see, then you should discontinue giving him the medications." Soren's face twitched as he paid attention to what Avalon said. “Once we find my pendant. I will try and apply my peace spell on him, my pendant is charged with positive energy, and I’m hoping that it will do some good to him.”

Soren’s lips automatically curled into a smile. He thought the vampire wasn't that bad and stupid until he asked his next question.

“What does he look like? I mean, what does the boy look like?”