Chap 15. True Or Fake.

Soren drives his way back to the house where Zale was waiting for him, while Avalon silently seats beside him with a huge pout after getting a good scolding. Soren's face was serene from looking outside, oblivious of the turmoils happening inside his head. 

Things tend to never work out favourably for him ever since he was young. It was a given how he was still able to acknowledge the glory of his face and didn't reap wrinkles from the conflicts he had bolted in his head and combat them.

He vowed to himself a long time ago and was always sedulous to fix Zale and his poor mental health. Although, Zale and his bipolar ass had sworn to make it as complicated as he could for Soren to help him. 

However, it was all in the past and Soren just wanted to focus on the present. And currently, all that matters is that Zale quickly recovers from all the damage his father had caused him. But it also couldn't be denied that the past haunts, even after giving his skin and bones, selling his soul, and trying his utmost best, he cannot erase the traumatic memories that keep haunting Zale's days and nights. 

He believes Zale's hardly striding to a promising health and doing just okay. Would it be fine to share with him the conspiracy going on in his head? He doesn't want to pressure Zale or agitate him by telling him but he also couldn't avoid the suffering and the unfortunate impending that was waiting for him if agreed to Zale and give him what he wanted, what he desired. What they both desired for each other. 

He also couldn't directly head to him and confide everything about his feelings, it'd be a reckless move and could easily tempt useless difficulties to which they weren't in the position to face them. 

"What now?"

"Let's go and ask for his whereabouts again from the bar." Soren implored. 

"They don't give out information about their employees," Avalon said. 

"All we can do now is try." 

Soren slammed the brakes and parked the car, making Avalon gasp in surprise. Getting out he jogs towards the entrance of the house without waiting for the Vampire.

Narrowing his eyes across the house, everyone was busy doing their deeds. He directly strode his way upstairs to Zale as he promised before leaving to come back and meet him the first thing. 

Passing the rooms and ignoring his own room, he went straight to Zale's room which was attached to his own room.

Zale was half plopped on his back on the bed, his legs dangled at the foot of the bed. His expression changed and his face twisted when the familiar scent hit his nose. He abruptly rose up when the door lock twisted and his heart started to thunder in nervousness. 

Upon coming face to face with Soren, he was suddenly at a loss for words, his face lit up for a mere second before it went back to its usually hideous self, couldn't understand which expression he wanted to keep. 

"You'll get wrinkles if you scowl and frown too much." Soren snorted and Zale grunted but didn't mind his words.

"You promised to be back here before I knew it? This is your best version of quick, is it?" Zale snarls but the ease in his eyes after being near Soren is telling a different story. However, that doesn't fade away the tension in his stomach. 

Soren chuckled and walked towards him, "Well, I've got work to manage on time which couldn't be avoided, unless someone else whose only job is to grimace and sulk all day, gosh must be easy, no?" 

Zale glared in resentment, "Are you taunting me?"

"I could never," Soren gasps feigning innocence but Zale could clearly see through the smile he was trying to suppress. "I wanted to ask for a long time, now that you are old enough. Do you want to start searching for your mate?"