🖤Prologue🖤

A couple strolled through the massive entrance gate and into a forbidden area, which was most likely also known as a sacred room. A woman held her three-year-old toddler tightly in her arms as blood flowed from her forehead, but she didn't seem to mind. It was the last thing on her mind.

The room, on the other hand, was not making a good first impression. The room's dark appearance represents the mysteries that have most likely been buried there for who knows how long. In the absence of the streak of light, the darkness represents the room's incomprehensible helplessness.

"It's so scary, Mommy." The child clings to his mother's neck, burying his face in the crook of her neck. "I'd like to go home."

"Hey, before we came here, you said you're a brave boy. You can't be scared right now, okay?" His father lovingly caresses his head, assuring the small child of the impending end that only they were sensing, instinctively for some reason.

The child was terrified, perplexed by his parent's expression or the dangerous location itself.

The darkness grew darker as they entered. With each step they take, the gaps in the wooden floor crack, making a creaking sound. Their gaze wanders across the room, noticing the dusty chairs and tables, filthy curtains, the chandelier with broken crystal strings, and the scattered broken glasses on the floor.

In the midst of this horrifying scene, the couple's mouth turned dry and sour, and a shiver ran down their spine as they noticed a pair of leather shoes.

When they looked up, they saw a man standing in front of the window, his back turned to them.

"Hello, Lupus." Without looking back from the window, the man said wearily. The view from the window shows a deep and dark green forest with a few cemeteries strewn about.

Lupus looked at his wife and child, holding his wife's gaze for a few seconds before taking his son away from her.

"Soren," his father addressed him. Soren looked at his father innocently, oblivious to the circumstances surrounding him.

"Mommy and daddy adore you so much....always remember that, okay?" Lupus expressed his family's undying love for him. The tears of anguish that his mother had been trying so hard to hold back began to flow down her cheeks, and a new storm of emotion descended on her.

Soren looked at his mother, perplexed, because no one had bothered to explain the situation to him.

"Daddy, what's the matter? Why is mommy crying?" Soren frowned and inquired of his father as to the source of his mother's anguish.

"She is so happy that you are safe and brave that she can't stop crying; don't worry, they are just happy tears." Lupus explained.

Lupus smiled at his son, but he knew deep down that this was the last time he'd be able to smile, look at his precious son's face, or even hold him. That this is their final meeting, and that everything will change after this night.

Lupus called out to the man standing a few steps away, "Stephen."

Stephen turned around to face them, his face expressionless and unconcerned with any emotion. Brown eyes pierced the darkness of the room, staring at the couple and Soren, who, despite getting a tingly feeling in his stomach just by looking at this intimidating man, mustered enough courage to not look away from him, because his parents taught him to be brave and not to be a coward.

"Lupus, my dear friend." Stephen walked up to them, stomping his feet.

"It's been so long that I've even forgotten what you looked like."

"Stephen, we're running out of time. You must help me!."

"What are you talking about, we'd met after who knows how long and you're saying you don't have time," Stephen chuckled. "What a wonderful friend you are."