Chapter 28

"Yeah this one is definitely better" Hyunjin closed his eyes after taking a sip "ah really that's good" maejin chuckled painfully taking one of hers.

She squeezed her eyes at the awful taste "pff see told you, it doesn't taste good" he laughed "what do you mean, I find it really pleasing" she said "ah yeah sure, you know I may not be that smart but I can quickly sense a lie.... excuse me another one of mine please" he told the man taking Maejins glass drinking it himself.

"Oh that's not necessary" she blinked "I don't wanna come over rude after he already poured one out, plus it was okay there isn't much alcohol in it anyway" he said "Wow then you could've drank your glass instead of ordering another one" she frowned "That would have been a shame because then I'd have to drink two of these" he chuckled "I told you I liked it" she complained "your expression said something else"

The girl almost forgot that this isn't a normal small talk.

_

"Bang Chan, what do we do know" Soobin asked him in the van "waiting... She seems to know what she's doing. Give her time she'll bring him here" he answered "what do you mean she obviously failed"

After a few glasses

"Why meeting here though?" Maejin asked him "I don't know why... I always come here with girls that I find and just talk. It's some sort of way of getting my worries out" he explained with slightly red cheeks of the alcohol.

"Huh? Really? But why not boys?" She frowned as he supported his head with his hand on the desk "you may not believe this, but they just turn out to be better listeners sometimes. Also great advisers" he explained "...so you didn't meet me to.." she started unsure "no, I'm not that kind of person. Funny you are the first one asking for it though" he smiled with his eyes closed.

_

"That's a nice song playing" he mentioned "oh, I like it too it's one of my favourites" she noticed "really, these days I barely find anyone liking this type of music. That's also the reason why I always go here" the boy said.

"Hm right... so is there anything you want to let out?"
"No, I actually only came to drink today. My week was exhausting and my boss in an asshole. What a bummer that I can't just run away, I just wanted to clear my mind and forget at least the worries for a few hours" he answered "I get it, bosses sometimes just really can't understand the situation you're in. In my past job I always got the bare minimum of understanding or money. So one day I just stopped going and well you could say I ran away without having an option" she confessed.

He sat back up "what do you mean with not having an option?", "doesn't matter, but you should always be sure of when the right time is for you to leave. Don't ruin your life with things that you'll regret or aren't bringing you fun, that's at least what I know for sure" Maejin said. "Wow that's what I meant when I said girls are great advisers, but unfortunately it's not that easy in my case.... there are things I've done that no one would ever forgive me, not even myself. If I quitt nothing would change what already happened"

"That's right, but it's never too late to at least try to make the best out of it" she told him.

"If that's the case then I'll just never come back to work" he laughed which made her kind of giggle too.

"That's why I meet people that I've never known before, you wouldn't judge me now... but afterwards you probably run away" his mood went down.

"Funny cause I've met a person that thought the exact same thing" she faced the camera that was right above her.

"Really?", "yeah, he thought that if I knew his back story I'd run away or some. I didn't, because you should exept the person as the one they are. Their past usually says nothing about the values of a person, it only speaks for what they've done to go through life safely and only acting with the options that the moment had given them. Important is who you wanna be and if you can manage to achieve that, you can even go to the top with no one believing in you" Maejin told him.

"That was quite deep, you truly are wise....the person must be glad having you. In fact I really don't want to do bad stuff anymore, I wish somehow an angel would appear and help me basically swob to the good side" he laughed his sadness away. The boy had in fact drank too much that he was basically ready to tell the girl his whole secret since she seemed so trustful to him.

"Should I help you?" She offered him "wish you could" he huffed "come on" she held her hand out infront of him "huh? Are you serious?" He tiled his head confused "do I look like I'm joking?" She pouted at his consideration.

"Fine" he took her hand as she leaded him to the exit walking around the house "where are we going, are you really going to help me?" He questioned not sure of why he even decided to trust her "You said you wanted to go on the good side... maybe we can help you" she faced Bang Chan leaning against his van as Hyunjins air almost got taken away.

"You... this.. what, is this some sort of dream?" He rubbed his eyes "No, I work for him" She explained "so you aren't really a random girl?" He asked "Well after all maybe not. But what I said wasn't faked either"

"Hwang Hyunjin... you are coming with us either way, what you wanna make out of yourself is for you to decide" Bang Chan spoke up. The boy wasn't completely sober and couldn't think straight, but the longer he thought the more it seemed like a chance he would only get once.

"Hyunjin, you know we only want the best. You can try to make the best of all the mistakes you did. It's never to late to at least try" Maejin watched him blink a few times "Seo-ah you truly seem like an angel send to help me" he mumbled falling to the floor revealing Soobin behind him with a syringe. "Don't worry he'll wake up again" he slimply said.

Two other people pulled him into the van "it has to stay safe to where we are heading to for him"

"Maejin you did a great job handling this situation" Bang Chan complimented her. "So you guys aren't going to hurt him?" She turned to them "I've listened to your whole conversation, he indeed seems more like a prisoner of Yong-sun that wants to escape. I will give him a chance to come to our side, he seems to deserve it after all. Just like I gave Minho one"

"Right Minho.... Beomgyu do you still hear me" Maejin suddenly asked "Wow I'm sorry I got a little emotional, this all seemed like sad movie where the man finally let's all his worries out and can now be the good one. Maejin you did great" he said sounding like he's about to cry.

"Yeah sure" she chuckled "is Minho with you?"
"I'm here" he spoke up which felt like a big relief to her "you did good Maejin-ah. I'm glad you didn't actually had to touch him" she heard him say "yeah don't worry, I will turn you guys off now. See you"

_

Finally the girl arrived back, honestly the whole alcohol and atmosphere wasn't quite welcoming to her. Bang Chan was going to take care of Hyunjin first while the girl made her way into her room.

She immediately got greeted by Minho who pulled her into a hug. "I'm glad he was cooperative and that you're fine" he mumbled "of course I told I got this" she hugged back.

"And you aren't his angel, you're mine" he pulled away "hm okay" she laughed.

Maejin pulled her uncomfortable shoes off and took the knife away not feeling pressured using it no more.

Somehow this just proofed once again for Minho that Maejin doesn't need to fight to win, she could really work successful at a job that values her abilities.

_

"You were talking about me when you looked up to the camera right?" He asked while she was laying on his chest "he reminded me of you somehow... it just proofed again how awful things Yong-sun does to their mental health he really is ruing the character" she answered.

"Maejin...promise me to someday also do what you suggested to Hyunjin. It's never to late to find something that really brings you joy and where you see yourself at for your whole life" he caressed her hair as she looked up.

"What bout you?", "It's my destiny to be here, it's like I was chosen to have these memories and live this kind of life. It's okay for me though, I'm used to it. I see it as normal. But you shouldn't see it this way, it isn't your fate to be here because I brought you into this" he said pulling her back down "but you are my fate Minho"

He sighed at his, she really sees so much in him more than he even does himself. She's looking at him highly like he is her life saver even though he is only trying to safe what he did himself.

"I know what you are thinking now...but no matter how hard you'll try I will always find my way back to you" she told him.

~