Chapter 3

Mae-jin put the most important things she needed in a backpack and those weren't many things. After walking for 1 hour just blindly following Minho, she got suspicious if he was really worth the blind trust. She more felt like a helper to carry his stuff "how long am I supposed to carry your things and where are we even going?" She whined even though Minho himself carried two boxes of his things.
"Turn right" he said so she did. They walked into a small alley that was quite hidden and not easy to spot.

"Do you want to kidnap me?" She suspected "put the boxes down here" she followed his instructions, since he seemed to know what he was doing. "You don't seem to be new here at all, how come you know this place?" She asked but her question stayed unanswered. She didn't expect him to respond anyway.

The alley included a small back door at which he knocked. Soon a man around his 50s, quite tall and muscular opened, which made Mae-jin take a few steps away. "Who are you and how did you find this back door?" The man asked confused.

"I'm Lee Minho remember" He said. The man thought for a second, before his eyes wided. "There is no way" the man was stunned "I thought you were dead, you were no where to be found and your parents neither. Oh boy are you okay?" He fastly took Minho into a hug.

Mae-jin simply stood there in the confused state she was.
"Well there's a lot to explain, but first... do you mind if we stay here for one night?" Minho requested "no problem, come inside buddy" Minho gave her a sign that there was no need to be scared and that she could follow him, which she slowly did.

Behind the door there were stairs that went down in some sort of basement. Minho told the girl that she could wait infront of a door inside the small hallway that looked like it was straight out of a horror movie. Staying here one night? She didn't know if she'd even wake up alive. But it was worth the try, she'd experienced worst things than that.

"Okay tell me what happened" the man sat down on a chair and Minho did the same.

After Minho finished his explanation, the man sat there stunned "I'm sorry you had to go through this, going back to this house must have been terrifying for you" he put his hand on his shoulder "I only was able to stay one night anyway because... they took my gun. They now know where I was which includes my neighbour. I didn't want to drag anyone into my world at all, but what was I supposed to do? As far as I know them, they wouldn't hesitate to kill someone innocent." Minho explained.

"So what are you going to do with her?" The man asked him "well that's why I went here, I'm going tomorrow so I want you to take care of her. After things have settled I will come back and take her back to her house. It should be save by then" Minho sighed "Are you sure this will work?... you're going to visit him are you? You should better call the police boy" He shock his head "yes, I think it's time and no I won't, they don't understand even a bit and would make everything worse" The boy looked down "hmm okay, but I don't think he wants to see you, and even if, don't you thing the girl will be more save if you let her stay at his? The poor girl doesn't even have enough air to breath down here, I don't want to do this to her"

Minho knew she wouldn't like it here, but she already knows too much it would be better for her if it stays like this.

Mae-jin sat infront of the door now for about 30 minutes and her eyes started to close, but just in that moment the door opened which made her instantly stand up again. "Come" Minho demanded and reached a door. He opened it, revealing a bunk bed and a small desk in the middle "will we stay here?" She asked. Minho closed his eyes for a moment, feeling guilty to leave her behind.
It'll be better if he just says nothing.

"Yes" he answered "where are we going tomorrow?" She asked another question "I... don't know yet" He lied, but Mae-jin wasn't dumb, at the end of their conversation she started to listen at the door because it took them way too long. She only heard that the man said there was a better and less dangerous place for her to stay at, so it seemed like a better option to go with Minho than stay at this disgusting basement.