𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙀𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩𝙮-𝙎𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

"Miguel?" Alaska answered her phone

"Miguel?" Alaska answered her phone. "Where are you?"

"Outside." he said before hanging up.

Alaska left the boys inside without an explanation, walking out her front door to see him standing there. His hands where in his pockets with a guilty expression. "I heard what happened."

"Right." she exhaled. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, i'm okay." he nodded, rocking slightly. There was a large space between them, she didn't move from her front porch and he stayed in the grass. "Are you?"

"No, i'm not actually." Alaskas tone was bitter, she didn't realize how angry she was until she knew he was okay. "How could you just take off like that? And not even tell me or at least tell me you were okay? Who does that?"

"I'm sorry." Miguel apologized, but she could tell by his face that he didn't understand why he was apologizing to her. "I felt like I had to go."

"And I can understand that, but you could have gone about it in a completely different way." now she was really mad, her tone gave it away more then anything. "I mean, did you even stop to think about any of this? Would it have killed you to tell the people that love you where you were going? You're seventeen, Miguel. We were worried. I was worried!"

"I was scared you'd try to make me stay." he defended himself. "I wanted to ask you to come with me, but I couldn't figure out how."

"Okay." she laughed in disbelief. "Maybe it's not your responsibility to take care of me, but after what happened at the All Valley, I needed you here with me. I was suffering with my sobriety so bad and no one understands. Not like you do!"

"That's why you're mad?" now he was angry at her. "How can you make this about yourself? You have no idea why I needed to go."

"I'm making it about myself because you aren't the only person that's affected by your actions Miguel!" she yelled back, they got closer each sentence until they were right in each other's faces. "How would I know why you needed to go? You left and ignored me so I had no clue! Now you just show up because you what? You feel bad for not being there for what happened at The All Valley?"

"Yeah, it was." Miguel snapped at her. "But, you know what? I came to say i'm sorry, but you clearly don't wanna hear that so I'm gonna go."

"Yeah, you should go see your Mom. Or Sam. Or your Grandma. Or literally any of your friends because we were all here worried out of our minds that something had happened to you!" she yelled at him as he began to walk away. "But, like away, it's never your fault."

He turned a her with a harsh glare. "Why are you being so mean!"

"Because I thought you were dead, or kidnapped, or lost!" Alaska yelled at him. "And the fact that you wanna leave instead of understanding why i'm so angry at you pisses me off!"