𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙎𝙞𝙭𝙩𝙮-𝙊𝙣𝙚

Why was it so difficult to sit on her bed, listening to the shower run from her bathroom? Was it the way the door was cracked? Was it the fact that if she laid back, she could see the fogged up shower? Was it because every now and then she'd see a...

Why was it so difficult to sit on her bed, listening to the shower run from her bathroom? Was it the way the door was cracked? Was it the fact that if she laid back, she could see the fogged up shower? Was it because every now and then she'd see a flash of red hair from behind the fog? Or was it just because he was in there? Whatever it was, it was getting to her, and she hadn't sat still.

Alaska crawled off her bed once again, messing with her line of essential oils on her dresser, purposely passing the opened door, getting a nose full of her own body wash. She did it again, peaking inside and being able to make out the back of Eli's head, red hair down while the steam hit her in the face. A bark from the door made her stumble, loosing her footing and falling back into her dresser. A few of her oils fell, one knocking her on the head, the piggy bank she had as a kid falling onto the pillows, the empty glass of OJ shattering on the ground.

"Alaska!" Eli's voice yelled from the shower. "Are you all right?"

"Just dropped something!" she called back, looking in disbelief at her actions. Her head turned toward the door to look at the cause of this stumble, Cedric staring at her from the doorway. "Don't look at me like that."

He jumped into his little bed, staring over as she picked up the broken glass with her hands. Thankfully, it didn't shatter in too many places, only three pieces she'd have to pick up. Alaska debated going down stairs, all the way to the kitchen, Cedric following, disturbing her mom, or walking into the bathroom and putting the glass in the trash. It shouldn't have been this big of a deal, six months ago she would have walked right in. But, now it felt different, now it felt like she needed to give him the boundaries you're suppose to give to your friends.

"Hey, E?" she called from the other side of the door. "I'm gonna come in and throw something away, is that cool?"

He laughed, because unlike her, he didn't feel like things were any different from six months ago. "Okay."

She pushed the door slightly, eyeing the shower. Walking in, she crept in slow, heading toward the trash can that had cotton balls, with nail polish on them, inside. Tossing the glass in the trash, his voice rung. "What'd you break?"

Literally all that was separated them was the door of the shower. Alaska shook her head. "Just a glass I forgot to put up this morning."

"Messy kid." he scolded her in a joking manor. The shower shut off, panicking the Lee girl as she took off in a sprint. Eli frowned his eyebrows, listening to her feet hit the floor boards, the shake of her bed as she jumped on it. A small yelp escaped her lips. "Are you okay?"

There wasn't a answer for a moment. "I stepped on some glass."

"What!" he called from the inside. "I thought you picked it up?"

"Yeah." she called back, the sound of something else dropping echoed. "Oh my god!"

"Just-just stop moving!" he called, reaching for the towel outside of the shower and tying it securely around his waist. Throwing the door open, he looked straight at her. Her eyes found him, her foot over her leg. Clearly, she forgot to pull the door back shut when she made her run toward the bed. "You know you're suppose to sweep or vacuum the remaining parts up."