𝘾𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙏𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙫𝙚

The next few days were the worst type of feeling Alaska had ever felt

The next few days were the worst type of feeling Alaska had ever felt. She stayed with the Diaz family, Eli and Demetri not leaving. She'd puke, and when she wasn't puking, she was shaking from being so cold, and when she wasn't doing that she was struggling to eat, and when she wasn't struggling to eat, she was running a fever, and when she wasn't running a fever, she'd have the worst full body ache in the entire world. Alaska swore she'd never felt as much pain as she did over those few days, and she could imagine she never would ever hurt as much as she hurt now.

"Is it normal for her to be puking this much?" Miguel asked his mom with worry in his eyes, looking toward Alaska who had puked her guts up for the third time just this morning. It had been a few days since Alaska had any drugs and her body was started to react to it.

"It's her body trying to get use to not having it, Miggy." Carmen said as Alaska moaned in pain as she laid on the couch, her head in Eli's lap. Carmen whipped a little bit of sweat off her forehead as Rosa fixed the fan to aim on her better.

"This seems like bullshit, she's hurting." Hawk said annoyed as he looked down at Alaska, the IV in her arm that Carmen had snuck away from the hospital.

"It's part of the process, this is the hardest part. She's gotten so use to using every day that her body has manipulated her in thinking she needs it." Carmen said as she saw the worry and fear in the boys eyes when Alaska leaned over and threw up into the bowl again, "She'll be okay."

"Oh god, here." Demetri said as he gagged at the smell, plugging his nose and holding the glass of water out to Alaska. She whined as she took it with a small smile, sweat coating her body as she breathed heavy, "Maybe we should take her to the hospital."

"No!" Alaska groaned as Rosa set the wet rag on her head gently, "They'll just send me away!"

"Yeah, that's kinda what happens to drug addicts." Demetri said as Miguel hit his shoulder, "What? I'm worried about her!"

"Hey, hey." Carmen spoke softly to the boy, "I know what i'm doing, you have to trust me, I wouldn't put her in danger."

"This'll all be worth it soon, I promise." Miguel spoke softly to Alaska as he bent down to be on her level with a small grin, "I'm really proud of you."

Alaska gave him a forced smile with a sniffle.

"I'll get her a new bowl." Miguel said as he cringed but picked up the puke bowl. His eyes set on Eli who was looking down at Alaska guilty like, her eyes barley open as her chest heaved, "Demetri, you'll come with me."

"You want me to deal with puke?" he asked with a look of disbelief. Miguel gave him a knowing look, nodding toward the pair as Demetris eyes widened in realization, "I mean, yeah! Puke!"

"I'll get breakfast ready for these karate champs." Rosa said with a grin, squeezing Eli and Miguel's cheeks before she kissed Alaska on the head, "Sentirse mejor, Mija."