42- body

So this was requested by @LaylahIh
Basically, it's them x Chubby! Y/n.
I personally struggle to love my body *ahem, I'm overweight* but these kinds of preferences I seem to struggle a bit with, because if someone truly loves you, they don't care about your weight, height, hair, toe nails, or anything physical about you. And also, I don't really think many characters would treat you much differently.
Anyways, how I plan on delivering this is you having body image issues, as that'd be something I can relate to and also something that I could carry out easier.
Sorry if this isn't what you wanted! (Also, this chapter is kinda triggering)
-Zach, the store manager.

Note to self: DONT FORGET ROBIN AGAIN DUMBASS

Finney:
You were staring at yourself in the mirror again. You didn't like what you saw, but you just couldn't really pull yourself away from the mirror. You didn't look like the other kids. They all had slim thighs, flat stomachs, and skinny necks. Oh how you wanted that kind of body so badly. It seemed as if everybody hated your kind of body, all but Finney. Finney didn't care about how you looked, he just loved how you treated him like a somebody rather than everyone else but Robin who treat him like a nobody.
Finney was waiting at your bathroom door before gently knocking on it.

"Y/n...? Are you okay? You've been in there for fifteen minutes..." He communicated softly.

You were suddenly snapped out of your haze and stared at your glossy (e/c) eyes before replying.
"I'm okay! I'm coming out now." You said before fanning your eyes with your hands and waiting a few seconds for yourself to calm down before actually leaving the bathroom.

"Y/n, are you okay? Your eyes look like you've been crying..." Finney said, not a single grain of annoyance or anger rolling off of his tongue.
"Yeah, I'm fine..." You said, despite the feeling of the tears rushing to your eyes again before a few fell from your eyes.
"You're...You're crying, y/n...Talk to me, please." He begged.
"Its nothing, I just uh...Well, I rubbed my eyes while I was washing my hands and got soap in them, that's all." You said, your voice cracking slightly.
"That's a lie. If you tell me, maybe I can help." He said.
"No, no. It's fine." You said before grabbing a pen out of your bag.
"Okay...Talk to me whenever you're ready." He said before sitting on his bed and reading a book.

Meanwhile, with Vance.

"I'm off to pick y/n up from that Finney kid's house." Vance said, despite both his parents not being home. He casually strolled for a while, in an attempt to find Finney's house.
"Goddamn! why is this small motherfucker's house so damn hard to find? Like, the fuck?" Vance mumbled right before seeing Finney's house. "Finally." He sighed before going to the front door and knocking.

You and Finney were hugging now, trying to relieve some of your dysphoria. You only told him the bare minimum of why you were crying, as it wasn't something you really liked to dig too deep into. And Finney was softly reassuring you. You guys were interrupted by the sound of the doorbell violently ringing.
"C'mon! Y/n!" You both heard Vance shout from outside. You quickly fixed yourself up before grabbing your stuff and thanking Finney for everything.

"It's no issue. And also, y/n, if you need anything, I'm a phone call away." Finney said before opening the front door, to reveal a pissed-off Vance. You quickly thanked Finney again and hugged him before walking home silently with Vance.

Bruce:
(This one includes body shaming and bullying. Skip if you prefer to.)
You were fixing some of your hair when suddenly some other kids walked in and you overheard them mutter stuff about you, specifically your body.
"Damn...When did y/n become so fat?" One muttered to the other two.
"I know...Like, they were fat enough at the beginning of the year."
"They need to lose some pounds."

They all continued talking and slightly giggling before they fixed themselves up in the mirror and left, knowing that you overheard everything, and knew it'd get to you. They were right. It didn't take long for you to start obsessing over your body image again, and start overthinking about it.
'Am I really that fat?'
'I shouldn't have lunch today.'
'I should workout more.'
'I need to stop eating so much.'
'Maybe I shouldn't have eaten cereal this morning...'
'I should skip dinner, too.'
'Maybe I should stop eating for a while. It'll help me slim down.'
'Yeah, I just won't eat for a while. I'll call it a break.'
'Yeah, a break.'
'Break.'
'Break.'
'Break.'
'Stop.'
'Stop.'
'Stop.'
'No more.'
'Quit it.'
'Stop it!'
'ENOUGH!'

You were broken from your trance and realized that you were hunched over the sink, as if you were about to throw up. You realized that horrid feeling in your throat again, and quickly ran to a toilet instead. You threw up into the toilet before sighing of relief, flushing the toilet, and cleaning yourself up. You headed to third period and dreaded life more and more as the hands of the clock ticked closer and closer to twelve thirty, a.k.a, lunchtime.

"Class dismissed." Your teacher called, making you rise up from your seat and clean up before dumping your stuff into your locker before you headed to the back of the school because you decided you'd skip lunch.

"Hey y/n. What're you doing out here? It's time for lunch." Bruce said from behind you.
"Huh? Oh. I'm just not that hungry." You said.
"Really? Okay. Well, wanna hang out then?" He asked.
"Sure!" You exclaimed.
"Great! What do you wanna do?" Bruce asked as he skipped towards you.
"Anything you want to." You said.
"Alright then...Let's play...uh...Baseball?" He asked.
"We don't...we don't have an accessible baseball field, Bruce." You said nonchalantly, forgetting about the recent bullying, but it was still in your head, just rooted deeper than you can currently think.

Robin:
(TW: forcing vomiting)
You were forcing yourself to vomit for the third time this week.

"Why can't I just be the same as everyone else?" You whimpered.
"Because being like everyone else is boring." Someone said from behind you. You turned your head to see Robin staring at you, sadness evident in his facial features.
"You shouldn't...You shouldn't see me like this." You mumbled as you stood up and flushed the toilet before wiping your mouth. Robin didn't reply and just hugged you. He hugged you really tight. You both didn't talk and just hugged for a long time.

Vance:
You were washing your hands in Vance's bathroom when you caught a glance at your neck.
"Thats annoying..." You mumbled, immediately looking away, despite how bothersome your thoughts would be later on.

You walked back to Vance's bedroom and sat down on his bed, but felt embarrassed at how much the bed dipped. You decided to sit in his desk chair instead.

"Why'd you move to the chair?" Vance asked.
"Eh, your bed doesn't feel very comfortable." You said.
"Thats a lie. My bed is the most comfortable thing on the fucking planet." Vance boasted.
"Well, maybe you're wrong." You said with a chuckle.
"Or, maybe you're acting all strange again." Vance said, referring to a time you did the same thing.
"No, your bed just isn't as comfy as mine." You lied.
"You're lying. Just tell me whats wrong, y/n. Please?" He whispered the please.
"It- its fine. Its honestly nothing." You said.
"Stop lying! Just tell me please!" He whined.
"Please? The Vance Hopper said please?" You chuckled. You both had a good time, and you got out of having to explain to Vance.

Billy:
You were crying during your sleepover with Billy, thinking he was sleeping, but it shattered his heart when he heard your quiet sobs into your pillow so he quietly stood up.

"Y/n, are you okay...?" He whispered. Your crying came to a halt before you sat up and wiped your eyes.
"Uh...Yeah." You said through sniffles.
"Just...Let me know if you wanna talk about it." Billy said before sitting on the edge of your bed.
A few minutes passed before you sighed and flopped onto your back.
"Do you ever just..." You started. Billy looked at you, interest piqued. "Not like what you look like...?" You said. Billy looked at you, before looking at your wall.
"...Sometimes." Billy finally answered.
"I do, too." You said. You both just sat there, relaxing and calming down a bit before falling asleep.

Zach: Damn, not me struggling with this one ☝️😭