Chapter 1- How I Had Powers Like This

Metal scraped against metal, as I walked through the narrow corridors. People in navy blue uniforms passed me, their heads held up with pride, while mine was ducked under a curtain of long black hair. My eye flickered from side to side. I knew why I was here, and I knew what these people wanted me for. My metal heeled boot sparked against the dense corrugated floor. I sighed out hard, as the sound of sliding door passed by me. Guards watched my moves, there sliver badge stood out from their dark uniforms, it was their protecting them against whatever these men and women had to face to protect this world. My headphone covered my ears blocking out the dense verbal and nonverbal blathering from these people. My hips swayed to the music as I kept my head ducked, and my eye shielded. Soon I reached the large sliver trigger loaded door, guarded not by men but by a symbol, the symbol of S.H.I.E.L.D.

It had taken just under a day to get here from MI6, infiltration was my game. But never in the conventional sense, see I was different and I guessed secret services liked that about me. I looked through the room to see a man dressed all in black turning left and right looking at a number of screens, and with every turn to the left he revealed his significant eye patch, Nick Fury. I slipped off my head phones down, to reveal the silent room filled with nonverbal garbage, and I couldn’t block it out of my head. My knees gave out slightly as my eyes began to roll backwards into my skull, I quickly regained whatever consciousness I had, as I felt the warm stickiness, of blood dripping from my nose, I quickly stood upright, and tried to regain control of the only thing I needed to hear which was Nick Fury.

 “Hello Liberty, you’re not supposed to be here for another hour.” He paused and turned around to face me, his lips tight and his eye narrowed at me, I looked up at him and smiled grimly, as I held my nose tightly,

“yeah, I thought being here early would make a good first impression.” I laughed nervously, as blood trickled over my lips which I drew very tight very quickly. Suddenly a hand was launched towards me, I smiled tightly and looked to the gloved hand, this man was smart. I shook it readily, with a free hand and quickly pulled it away.

“I know about you condition liberty, it’s very good of you to accept a proposal from us. I’m sure you’ll be missed by MI6.” I sniffed slightly as I removed my hand from my reddened face, as the bleeding had slowly but surely stopped. Fury quickly began to walk away from me; I quickly followed at his heels. Any sort of conversation had stopped between us, which made me sigh as I quickly slipped my head phones back over my ears, once again blocking out anyone’s thoughts. I began to rub away any dry blood with the sleeve of my black leather jacket. Suddenly Fury stopped dead in his tracks, in a silent and guard less hallway; I rolled my eyes quickly and peeled my headphones slowly away from my ears,

“the other avengers will be arriving soon, you can explain your situation to them when they get here.” He gestured an arm out to his left towards a door, numbered “7” I nodded and muttered to myself,

“I’m the seventh avenger.” I nodded and walked into the room, and I looked back at Nick Fury, and smiled tightly,

“thanks.” He nodded and stormed off, with an aura of intimidation.

I sighed, and unplugged my head phones and pressed play on my phone. “End of the world, by McFly.” This was fitting for what I was going to have to face, I placed the slim black phone onto a small metal cabinet and looked around the small box room, a standard double bed, and a black leather chair, I sighed and turned up the phone full volume. End of the world an amazing song yet it’s a very true one, last year we had our first encounter with creatures from another world. I walked away from the phone and sat on the edge of the bed; I rubbed my hands over my face and lied back on the bed. I let my eyes close, but as soon I was comfortably alone there was a knock to the door. I didn’t want to get up off the back softening bed, but once again there was a knock. I kept my guard strong and went towards the door, and pulled the handle downwards and opened the door.

I looked up and down the wall of muscle in front of me dressed in sandy slacks, and a tight white t-shirt,

“hello ma’am, I thought I would introduce myself to you before the meeting with Fury. I’m Steve Rodgers.” He held out his bare hand towards me, I swallowed hard, and took a small step back,

“I’m Liberty Davis, and I can’t shake your hand Mr Rodgers.” He looked at me confused, and slightly offended.

“It’s not your fault I just can’t shake people’s hands. I have a gift, I guess people would call it telepathy but it’s a bit more than that.” He looked at his dropped hand and then smiled back up at me,

 “what would happen if you touched me Miss Davis?” his mouth was lined with a boyish smile, and I couldn’t help smiling back,

“I would learn everything about you, but it can be painful.” I shrugged looked up at the one and only Captain America, his smile was now lost in tight lips. Then he burst out with an unexpected question,

“try me.” I looked up at him confused he really wanted me to do this to him?

“Are you sure you want to try this?” he nodded, and as soon as he nodded, I cupped his face between my two palms. Suddenly everything which he knew and had, felt and seen was mine. Chosen for his will, fought against Hydra, fell in love, and then frozen. I stumbled backwards, detaching my palms from his face. He was on his knees in front of me, shaking. I shakily stumbled forward, and kneeled in front of him.

“Are you ok?” how could I not be worried by this kind of reaction to my powers, I just brought a super soldier to his knees.

“I’m fine,” he breathed out heavily, as if he was holding his breath. He started to rise up from the floor shakily, until he was leaning against the white wash wall of the hall way.

“How do you do that?” I sighed, as he began to regain he normal zeal, but I didn’t know how to answer his question, I never had any parents to tell me how I had powers like this.