In the end, having most of the best aurors in the Ministry against you did not go well for Cedric Potter. The jury ended up agreeing to a life time sentence at Azkaban for all his crimes which were not limited to:

-Attempted murder (more than once).

-Kidnapping

-Usage of an Unforgivable Curse (again more than once)

-Breaking and Entering.

-Purposeful harming of another wizard

-Near exposure to muggles 

And many others.

But of course, seeing as it was a lifetime sentence and it wasn't a unanimous vote. Cedric was allowed one last request that would most likely be granted.

His request was to see James, Albus and Lily Potter, along with Scorpious Malfoy and Zoe Wood.

And as if they didn't have enough trauma already, the Ministry agreed and called them all over to Azkaban.

And that's the story of how Zoe ended up at the shore of the island where a boat would dock to take her and the others towards the isle where Azkaban stood surrounded by the worst magical creatures, Dementors.

She was possibly miles away, yet she could already feel the happiness draining out of her, not to mention the cold that managed to freeze her bones and had her teeth chattering.

"Z!" Zoe turned around to see the Potter children, two of them looking glum and ready to just leave it all behind for good while the third was absolutely beaming.

And no, his smile had absolutely no reason to do with the fact that his older brother was finally locked up for his crimes.

James gave Zoe a quick peck on the lips before wrapping his arm around her shoulders and pulling her into his side, allowing her to snuggle into him.

No matter how cold it was around them, James was always a walking, talking heater.

"Hey J."

"I don't think I'm ever gonna get used to you two dating." James kissed the top of Zoe's head.

"Me neither."

Suddenly another crack filled the air and the whole Malfoy family appeared with expressions similar to those of Albus and Lily.

"Potters, Wood." All of them gave a nod of acknowledgment towards Draco Malfoy, their parents were sort of in good terms, but it was obvious still some underlying resentment that meant they only saw each other when Scorpious went to eat dinner.

"Mr Malfoy, what are you doing here?" Zoe elbowed James in the stomach.

"Well Scorpious can't apparate yet, and since we're here might as well visit my beloved father."

"Always good to visit the in-laws right?" They all chuckled, all the sense of humour Draco lacked was compensated by his absolutely delightful wife Astoria.

She was the bright Ray of sunshine both Malfoy men needed.

Suddenly a man in a suit stepped out from a boat that had just shored, a list in his hand that he kept scanning while looking each of them over.

"James Sirius Potter, Zoe Willa Wood, Albus Severus Potter, Scorpious Hyperion Malfoy and Lily Luna Potter?" Each of them nodded, holding out their wands so they could indeed identify them as themselves.

Finally when the man was satisfied he wrote down something on his list and turned to the Malfoys.

"Mr Malfoy, Mrs Malfoy. Your boat will arrive shortly." Draco nodded and gently pushed his son forwards so he'd follow the rest of them trailing after the man.

"I presume you all know how to cast the patronus charm?" They nodded, while the man hopped inside the boat that looked way too old to still be used.

"Good, good. Most of the time it isn't necessary, but you never know with dementors." Albus was the next to hop in, immediately seating himself at the row furthest back.

Next Scorpious hopped in, extending his hand to Lily to help her inside. Both of them a blushing mess.

And finally James hopped in, repeating Scorpious' actions with a cheeky grin towards Zoe, who in return rolled her eyes in fake annoyance.

"You're just copying Scorpious 'cause you know he'd be a better boyfriend than you." James rolled his eyes as Zoe grabbed on to his hand so he'd pull her on the boat.

"If that's so how is it that I ended up with the most beautiful girl in the world?" Zoe scoffed.

"Don't let your cousins hear you, they might just get offended." James chuckled before kissing Zoe on the cheek and sitting right next to her, their hands intertwined as the boat began to move towards Azkaban.

"Mister Potter was only allowed a maximum of one hour with all five of you. I will be standing right outside the door and have instructed the dementors to stay away for this time period specifically. Although they will still be close by just in case, and if you need anything just scream and I'll come busting in. Alright?" They nodded, none of them really looking forward to spending even three minutes with Cedric.

The closer they got, their nerves seemed to be rising even more. Lily was now clinging onto Albus' arm for dear life, while Zoe also clung to James in a similar manner. The only one who seemed remotely normal was Scorpious, although he had come to Azkaban a handful of times since he was a child to visit his grandfather. He was used to the lack of warmness of the environment.

Finally the boat docked and the man hopped off, the rest following closely after him.

And not even two steps in did Zoe completely freeze. Screams were echoing all around her, agonizing screams that made her blood run cold and brought her back to those days in the shrieking shack.

She knew the environment would end up being triggering for her, but she never expected it would end up being that bad to the point to where she could almost feel the pain of the cruciatus curse as if it was being used on her that instant.

James noticing his girlfriend freeze up stopped alongside her and gave her hand a reassuring squeeze, his thumb rubbing across her knuckles.

"Hey, Z. You here with me?" Zoe nodded, although tears were beginning to Pool around her eyes, her whole body shaking.

"You're not there anymore, you're in Azkaban, with me." Zoe nodded, closing her eyes while taking deep breaths.

James carefully stepped over and hugged her, causing her to cling on to him while trying to ground herself and stop from breaking out into sobs knowing that would attract the dementors.

"Mister Potter? Miss Wood?" Zoe sighed, nodding against James' chest. That was her sign that she was okay to keep moving.

The less time she spent there the better.

"Coming!"

James and Zoe nearly ran to catch up with the rest of the group, but they managed to find them right before they made it to the cell where Cedric was being held.

With a loud clanking of iron, the man unlocked Cedric's cell and ushered them all inside one by one.

"I'll be out here if you need anything."

None of them replied, instead they glanced shell-shocked at Cedric, who instead of being in pain and suffering like the other prisoners. Cedric was just casually playing Wizard's chess with pebbles instead of proper pieces.

That was until he noticed them all standing around the entrance and smirked.

"Why, hello there."