16

𝘌𝘭𝘰𝘥𝘪𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝:

I walked out and closed the door behind me. I sighed and pursed my lips looking at Max.

"What happened? Why weren't you answering?" He asked worried.

"I lost my phone, I'm sorry." I replied and he furrowed his brows.

"You lost your phone? Where were you?" He asked and then pursed his lips. "That's not yours or mine." He pointed at the grey jacket I was wearing.

"It's Charles'." I tried not giving it too much importance.

"Charles'?" He asked, visibly annoyed.

"I'll explain, don't worry. I got really drunk last night with Pierre and Arthur. Pierre didn't know who else to call so he called him. He just helped me, okay? Nothing else." I tried explaining.

"So while I was all worried looking for you you were at Charles'?" He asked, his expression had turned from worry to anger.

"Yes, but it was just because I had nowhere else to go." I replied and he scoffed and shook his head.

"Maybe you could've stayed with me, you know." He looked away for a moment.

"While you talked about yourself and ignored me in front of your friends? No thank you." I fired back and he looked at me.

"God, you just hate it when the attention isn't all on you, don't you?" He raised his voice.

"At least I don't try to show off in front of my friends!" I raised my voice too.

"They're your friends too!"

"I feel so out of place when I'm with you!" I yelled and he went silent.

He looked at me, heartbroken by the words I just said. My face softened and I sighed, wanting to take back everything I just said.

"You don't feel comfortable with me?" Max asked, his voice sounded so hurt.

"No, Max, that's not what I meant." I closed my eyes for a second and breathed out.

"That's what you said." He replied and I shook my head walking towards him.

"No, no." I put my hands on his face and he looked at me. "I'm sorry, okay? It was just the heat of the moment." I apologized.

"I'm sorry too. I should've been there with you." He apologized too.

"It's okay." I smiled a little bit.

"Good." He smiled and leaned in to give me a short kiss. "So am I seeing you tonight at the Casino?" He asked.

Fuck, the Casino charity party. I forgot it was today. I was so hungover but I couldn't fail Max. Not again.

"Of course." I replied and he smiled and pulled me closer to kiss me.

He smiled in between the kiss and I chuckled softly.

"You're so cheesy." I hit his arm slightly and he chuckled.

[...]

𝘊𝘩𝘢𝘳𝘭𝘦𝘴' 𝘗𝘖𝘝:

There was a knock on my door.

"Arthur, you're just dehydrated, drink the water." I told my brother as I walked towards the door.

"I don't want water." Arthur whined.

"But you need it. Drink up." Lorenzo walked towards him and Arthur whined annoyed.

I chuckled and opened the door. My smile faded when I saw Clara. I raised my eyebrows.

"Clara." I looked at her surprised.