16

𝘌𝘭𝘰𝘥𝘪𝘦'𝘴 𝘗𝘖𝘝:

"Yes. I'm at the airport, my phone has no battery and I think I'm about to get arrested." I explained my situation.

"Mon Dieu, Elodie. What the hell where you thinking?" I heard Margot's voice on the other line of the pay-phone.

"I wasn't. Can you please come get me?" I asked hugging myself with one arm, it was cold.

The rain wasn't stopping.

"Of course, I'm on my way." I heard her shuffle on the other line. She was grabbing her things.

"Thank you." I pursed my lips and hung the phone. I looked at the security guard and nodded. "She'll come get me." I told him.

"Okay, you still have to pay the fine." The guard spoke and I sighed.

"Yeah, yeah, I know." I sat down on a bench and rolled my eyes.

[...]

Margot had wrapped a jacket around me. I was trembling while she drove.

"I don't wanna go back home." I spoke up and she looked at me confused.

"What?" She took her sight off the road for a second.

"I'm not going back home." I repeated and she sighed and nodded understanding.

"You can stay at my please if you want." She suggested and I smiled a little bit.

"I'd like that."

She gave me a comforting smile and we stayed silent for a while. I knew she wanted to ask me what happened.

"I lost him." I told her before she could ask me.

"What do you mean?" She asked furrowing her brows.

"He left. He's gone. I didn't get there in time." I spoke hugging myself.

"It doesn't have to end like that." Margot shook her head.

"But it did end like that." I replied defeated, my voice filled with pain.

"Maybe it was for the best." She sighed and I looked down.

For the best? So all those kisses, those words, those fireworks exploding in my heart every time I felt his touch ending, was for the best? I closed my eyes feeling tired emotionally and physically. Margot caressed my shoulder and I smiled at her.

[...]

I had taken a shower. I didn't even brush my hair and Margot lended me some clothes. I left everything in my house but I wasn't going back. Not after that.

I was sitting on a velvet chair in front of a window. I was watching the raindrops fall and hit the window. Tears slipping down my cheeks but I felt numb. I didn't know what to do now.

And I stayed like that for about two weeks. Not wanting to move from that chair, not wanting to get out of this room. Margot tried convincing me to go out many times but I kept declining. My skin got pale, my eye bags got huge and my hair was a nest. I was a mess. I looked at my wrist and saw the red bracelet. I wonder if he still wears it. If he looks at it and thinks about me, about us.

I wonder if he took it off to forget me and completely erase me from his life. If he deleted all our pictures, if he took down our frames from the wall. If he looks at the sunset and remembers me. If he looks at the stars and remembers my eyes.

I wonder if he ever wonders about me like I wonder about him.

I heard a knock on the door and turned around seeing Margot standing on the doorframe with a plate of pancakes.

"They're your favorites. Blueberry." She walked in and put them on my nightstand and I smiled a little bit. "You haven't eaten in days." She remarked and I pursed my lips and looked away.

"I'm not hungry." I replied in a low tone.

"Okay, that's enough." She spoke and I looked at her confused by her reaction. "Elodie, you can't stay like this forever. You need to pull yourself together and continue your life. You have a modeling contract, earn money, make a name for yourself. Prove your mother wrong." She spoke and I sighed. "You're Elodie Bennet and I'm your best friend. It's my duty to help you get out of this. So stand up, take a shower and get ready."

"For what?" I asked.

"You have a photoshoot at 5. It's comeback time." She put her hands on my shoulder and I smiled.

"Okay, you convinced me. Let's go make some money." I spoke and she smiled.

"That's my girl."

[...]